japan listed single stock options

Discussion in 'Options' started by silveredge, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Been trading US single-stock options with most large-caps reasonably liquid across moneyness. Don't have data subscription so can't look at the quotes myself, how liquid are those listed options in japan? index options are obviously very liquid but would like to do some single names if liquidity and costs allow

2. It's very simple. To subscribe or look at the data you just got to ... 当ページの概要等及び特定証券情報(又は発行者情報)等は新規上場日までの提出書類を掲載しております。既上場銘柄の発行者情報、特定証券情報、コーポ レートガバナンス報告書等については、「上場会社検索」(「検索条件入力」→検索結果画面の「基本情報」→「適時開示情報・ファイリング情報」→「ファイ リング情報」)において上場日以後の開示情報をご確認ください。

3. If you are with IB you can subscribe to Japanese market data, take a look at it, and then unsubscribe. That would only cost you one month of data subscription (assuming you start and end within the same calendar month). I don't think one month subscription fee will bankrupt you.

d08 likes this.
  4. guru

guru

If you are a US citizen then you’re not allowed to trade foreign index or equity options anyway. (you can trade options on futures on foreign indexes)

5. So nobody trading that market and can comment?

6. I did look very briefly at them some 2 years ago and did some test trades, liquidity was shit.

7. guru

guru

Most people here may be Americans and since we are not permitted to trade foreign options then nobody is trading them. Though let me know if you’ll find a way to trade any foreign options (if you’re an American) as I’d love to be able to trade them.

8. i am very glad that i am not an american

9. Japan regulations make it hard for single stock options to work. Lousy tax, margin, shorting rules and more. Too bad as they could easily have a great market if the powers that be really wanted one.