Japan has fallen victim to the Keynesian scam

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tsing Tao, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Omg...the hobby economists talking. Discussing Japan and not mentioning the concept of necessary structural reforms once shows you two lovebirds are millions of miles away from Japan...certainly neither physically nor knowledge wise anywhere near Asia. I recomment you stick to your banter about American politics and Fed chatter. Much less likely to get exposed as knowing next to nothing about Japan and what Japan really needs. But of course that cannot deter the 6000 and 14000 post elephants in the room from going about their daily posting business. Just be careful you don't smash all the porcelain around you.

#231     Mar 4, 2015
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Hey volly! Nice of you to come back to the thread. In your usual amiable way, too!

Trying to understand your post, though. Where did I say what Japan needed?

#232     Mar 4, 2015
  3. Nowhere which is as usual ;-) I did not and won't ever expect viable thoughts for solving real world problems from you so do not worry. Please keep up your "QE works" and "QE does not work " ping pong between you two theorists. We have seen how much that added to tackling Japan's true problems at hand...chuckle. ..

#233     Mar 4, 2015
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Great, so since I didn't say it, how do you know I disagree with you? All I've been aruing in this thread is that Abenomics is a complete disaster. Some folks think it is a success. I don't. If you'd like to contribute, you can. Or you can just continue to be snarky and your usual self. I find both entertaining, so feel free!

#234     Mar 4, 2015
  5. Oh good lord, not this crap again...

#235     Mar 4, 2015
  6. I did and stressed structural reforms is the only thing this country should concern itself with at this moment given its aging society , Korea which will soon surpass Japan in terms of GDP if Japan does not change course, China which squeezes Japan to death and countless dead former super brands. I made my case many pages ago ...the last thing I do is engage with you ever again in theoretical nonsensical alternatives. That I leave to you and Martinghoul to flirt about.

#236     Mar 4, 2015
  7. Are you referring to Abenomics and your one and only thought that you apply to any and every problem in this world which is to print money?

In case you refer to structural reforms as crap (which by the way was Abes supposed 3rd arrow which was never launched) then you must be more stoned than your other economist hobbyists in this thread.

#237     Mar 4, 2015
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

And many pages ago, if you recall (maybe you should go read) you and I were in complete agreement on Japan. We still are. (Remember the whole aging population discussion?) If you weren't so blinded by your anger on the Greece subject, you might have realized it. It was Martin that you had your issues with in this thread.

#238     Mar 4, 2015
  9. As mentioned structural reforms have not been mentioned once in the many pages past our initial agreement. Instead another discussion derailed into a retarded back and forth about QE.

#239     Mar 4, 2015
  10. No, I am referring to you existing in some magical parallel universe... One where people disagree with you about the need for structural reforms (I don't). In this same universe said structural reforms are easy, quick and painless and everyone in Japan, realizing this amazing truth overnight, accepts them with overwhelming joy.

#240     Mar 4, 2015
    Tsing Tao likes this.