Japan has fallen victim to the Keynesian scam

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tsing Tao, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Arnie

Arnie

...unless QE is mischaracterized as something that will put future generations into unconscionable debt?

LOL

#221     Jan 26, 2015
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, QE-152 is bound to do what the other 151 predecessors failed to! Sheesh, it's like reading Правда all over again with your posts.

#222     Jan 26, 2015
  3. piezoe

piezoe

I'm well aware of your viewpoint. I disagree with it.

#223     Jan 26, 2015
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

They never published my editorials in Pravda, either!

#224     Jan 26, 2015
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Moar unmitigatedness. Maybe we need moar QE?

Japanese Bonds & Stocks Drop As Services PMI Tumbles Into Contraction

After three hopeful months of greater-than-50 prints for Japanese Services PMI, February saw it plunge back into contraction with a considerably worse than expected 48.5 print. This drags the overall composite PMI for Japan to 50.0, its weakest reading in 4 months as New Orders drop to May 2014 lows and employment craters to its lowest since Oct 2012. On the heels of last night's weak JGB auction and sell-off in stocks on relatively hawkish comments from economists, tonight is seeing more of the same as the Nikkei 225 is having the worst 2 days in 2 months and JGB yields are jumping once again. Abegeddon is back...

Japan Services PMI worst since April...

[​IMG]

Stocks... worst 2-day drop in 2 months - first 2 days in a row drop this year!!

[​IMG]

But as we know, a weak morning session in Japan will bring the BoJ stock ETF buying program into action stat...

and bonds plunging...

[​IMG]

This comes after the biggest surge in wages since 2000 - suggesting the BoJ's days of insanity are perhaps limited.

#225     Mar 4, 2015
  6. I wonder why you're only commenting on the data which prints below consensus or points to economic underperformance? Much like the gentleman whose article you posted originally...

#226     Mar 4, 2015
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Because if Abenomics was an unmitigated success, data that exceeded or met expectations wouldn't be much of a shock, would it?

You are also welcome and capable of posting positive releases when and if you find some.

#227     Mar 4, 2015
  8. Well, you'd hardly expect every single piece of data to exceed expectations, would you? Even in the case of Abenomics being an unmitigated success...

As to me posting positive releases, I would rather refrain from trying to conclude anything from every single individual piece of data that comes arnd the bend. I find that to be rather unproductive.

#228     Mar 4, 2015
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'd expect the general flow of information to be positive. But that's me.

You are welcome to your opinions and to refrain from posting if that is your wish (though I do enjoy your editorials, even when I don't agree). I, however, will keep on keepin' on.

#229     Mar 4, 2015
  10. "Positive" is such a relative term, don't you think? One person's "positive" is another person's, you know...

You keep on keepin' on! I enjoy it, as well...

#230     Mar 4, 2015