Japan, Britain and Switzerland All In Deep Trouble

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 25, 2009.

1. This is exactly what I said: come here (again).

As a trader you have to learn not to concentrate on the noise, but on the real edge.

#11     Feb 26, 2009
  2. First of all, those are stats from 5 years ago.

Second, Switzerland is homogeneous and has a population of about 7 1/2 million versus 305 million in the U.S., so those stats are skewed to the extreme.

Finally, Madoff's carnage had not been yet released upon the Swiss finance industry until recently, and the U.S. Gov't wasn't challenging Swiss Banking Secrecy Laws until just recently, either.

#12     Feb 26, 2009

3. Right now YOU are the noise and are making very little sense.

#13     Feb 26, 2009
  4. Daal

Daal

Swiss Banks are levered 30-1. They could easly start to go under and be nationalized. Going to switzerland and counting heads at malls is irrelevant

#14     Feb 26, 2009
  5. mokwit

mokwit

Is Switzerland classed as an emerging market now? :D

I must say I am surprised, last time I was there the trains were clean and ran on time and the taxi drivers knew where your stated destination was and had change. It felt a bit like Germany except the people smiled even less.

#15     Feb 26, 2009
  6. Fannie and Freddie were levered 160-1 and are nationalised.

Now who has the edge in such an equation?

#16     Feb 26, 2009
  7. Even less? ugh.

#17     Feb 26, 2009
  8. I know you have been posting alot of doomsday posts on ET, I've read your posts but almost always ignored them as just fear mongering, but now I'm getting the sense that most of what you posted is probably true to a great point

I would like to know your opinion in regards to the question "will we see inflation, deflation or biflation for the next few years?"

I personally think we will not see deflation, but will see inflation, but not in everything, i think mainly in food prices, rents, etc

I think one of the problems that the world has is that jobs suitable for the 20th century have not been created, and also that there is a major misplacement in positions, for example someone who doesn't deserve to be a manager and doesn't know shit about anything is put to manage an organization or group. take for example our slow president

#18     Feb 26, 2009
  9. wavel

wavel

#19     Feb 26, 2009
  10. Mercor

Mercor

All we Americans know all we need to know about the Swiss.

You guys wear shorts with suspenders ,eat cheese all day, make watches and yodel.

Don't tell us that we need to visit Switzerland to know what’s going on there.

#20     Feb 26, 2009