Japan - Big Picture Time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kanzei, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Look guys, there are only 2 ways this can go...

Either the event becomes a non-event and the market bounces,
    OR
    The nuclear situation is worse than it seems and people start fleeing Japan.

The market is betting on Option A.

Me? I'm not risking my money, I don't trust Japan or the USA. They may be bullshitting everyone so everyone doesn't go apeshit.

My 401k money is out of the market. If we bounce, so be it, but I'm protecting my cash. All these guys who are buying are risking a lot without knowing WTF is going on over there. If shit goes down, the margin calls will come and you'll get quite a crash.

As far as day trading goes, there are prime opportunities out there, especially with all the intraday headlines.

If you guys are buyers, and holding through the weekend, good luck.

I'd rather miss a few percentage points than risk it all.

#31     Mar 18, 2011
  2. GOOD MORNING ALL!

What a weekend. Love these no fly zones!

Folks we told you we were watching SNCR as it neared support and indeed it's gotten a healthy bounce now with this merger.... more phones for AT&T to use SNCR tech... I'm 3/4 of the way there to buying today...

On Coal. Lets admit the trade is late and just take our small profits on YZC. Why not? Lets let the better play BTU come in.

Some other stks to watch. On the clean up side I've been impressed with ECOL it's been up about a buck while I've been watching AND has a 4% DIV! A stock with a similar handle (this drives me crazy) is ENOC.. and this has been strongish too they do emissions testing and I believe a new law has the utilities dialing up these cats more.

A stock that is just so putrid it has to get better is MOLSON Coors, how is this stilllllll be @$44.00. What a crime. It has had two mini gap ups as of late and I think pros are testing the water for a trade up in it's historical range. There might be a conservative but tasty trade here.

DGIT is a stonedinvesting old time fave. They are in digital advertising and have a very strong business model... some comps get tough in 2011 however.

You may have noticed one of the big security firms got their master code hijacked that might be why Vasco Data is moving. Take a look at VDSI. This is ' Grandpa Bob's one tech stock! " Year after year he has come over to me at holidays and said what's VDSI doing? To which I always said nothing- it's $9 or $10... well Grandpa wake up! She's a breaking out of a 2 year base!!! Probably because of this encryption snafu with a competitor.

I have a number 1 stock now but I'm going to hold it back for a while.

A theme I think will work here is tech stocks that have their own manufacturing and don't rely on Japanese parts. One I believe to be is DIOD last week's tech buy.
    Now I'll have you look at NVMI. I'm not entirely sure on the supply chain there but it's a good company to do DD on. Is semi play NXPI such a stock? What of EMC?

For today my head is on SNCR & last weeks buy of ASH & DIOD and for later in the week something from the above content will step forward.~ stoney

I believe we have turned this market around- this thread! :)

#32     Mar 21, 2011
  3. Is it a mistake to keep shorting EWJ at this point?

#33     Mar 21, 2011