Japan Abandons America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildfirepow, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Not YET they can't...but don't take it for granted. History has shown that military superiority cycles around to different countries over time.

#11     Sep 30, 2009
  2. I guess they should have thought of that before attacking Pearl Harbour, eh?

#12     Sep 30, 2009
  3. Who cares if they are advanced. They can sit down and shut up.

One big difference...
    When U.S. nuked Japan, they ceded.

Real americans would have said 'bring it on' at that point (given we had only 2 nukes they might have come out much better had they not been cowards).

I would die before submitting. I hope most of my fellow americans would do the same.

screw letting some other country in our borders with military. They will have to kill me first, not scare me

#13     Sep 30, 2009
  4. In the end I doubt much will change. This kind of talk is for domestic political consumption in Japan. The Japanese are first of all not stupid and second of all very much interested in what is best for them, screw everyone else. We don't have bases and troops there for our exclusive benefit. It was more of a compromise that they would not become militarized, given their unhappy history, and we would protect them. It's worked well for both, but it's way past time for another look. I agree as well that Korea is more in need of a rethink than Japan.

Anyone who has ever lived near a big naval or army base knows that having a lot of soldiers around can be annoying. They get drunk, they get in wrecks and fights, they rape women. Imagine how annoying it is to xenophobic and chauvinistic people like the Japanese when those soldiers are despised foreigners.

The problem for Japan is they have budget and demographic problems that make our own look manageable. The idea that they are going to tell us to shove off and start spending for their own defense is ludicrous. Most likely, they will try to use this "change" to try to extract additional concessions from the always eager to please Uncle Sam.

All these dire warnings about the asians amuse me. We can get by without them far more easily than they can without us. Their economies are based on keeping their currencies manipulated down and exporting to the US, which after all has a GDP bigger than China and Japan put together.

They don't want to buy our bonds? Fine, let them watch the value of their holdings sink and their economies die as their exports dry up.

#14     Sep 30, 2009
  5. I admire your courage, but most of your fellow americans voted to elect a radical leftist as president. I highly doubt they would adopt your live free or die philosophy. Most of them would sell out the country the first time someone promised them free health care.

#15     Sep 30, 2009
  6. courage. lol. most of the big talking chicken hawks on this site would pee their pants the first time they were shot at by a real enemy determined to kill them.

#16     Sep 30, 2009
  7. that sucks. we really are doomed.

Oddly, in my personal life, the lefties I know are readily willing to give their life for any good reason. In fact they all joined the army to help the GOP cause in Iraq.
    All the righties around me just want to leave, none joined the military. Too busy playing stock market and too wussed out.

I told a foreign collegue about the militant nature of our forefathers. He looked quite distraught. Apparently that is not an acceptable way to think about solving problems elsewhere. Yah right! That is how it is done.

One thing i have to give the swiss, there society is setup to where to conquer them you would have to fight a whole nation of fighters, not just the .4% that are part of the standing army. They have been pretty successful at maintaining peace.

Some smart guy said if you are willing to trade your freedom for security, what was that, oh yah, you don't deserve either.

Maybe we don't deserve our freedom. Too stupid to appreciate it. Damn I am depressed.

#17     Sep 30, 2009
  8. So the author proposes, as the Chinese increase their global power, Japan wants to eliminate their most powerful ally? And Japan is intent on devaluing a currency that accounts for 23% of their exports? And the Bible foresaw these events? Sounds like The Trumpet is blowing a lot of hot air in an attempt to draw in readers.

#18     Sep 30, 2009
  9. The constant idea that Japan and other countries should and will "LOOK EAST" is naive at best

Look east basically means, China, India and a handful of other exporter wannabes (Vietnam, etc.)

The problem is, China and others do not want to BUY from Japan. They want to SELL to Japan. Chindia is wallowing enough in its own overproduction. They are not seeking to import GOODS/SERVICES. They are seeking to import JOBS from the west and elsewhere.

#19     Oct 1, 2009
  10. +1

#20     Oct 1, 2009