Janyary 2004

Discussion in 'Forex' started by rezo_s, Jan 5, 2004.

1. rezo_s

rezo_s

ok, we are now at 1.8395/00, moved stops to breakeven now.

#21     Jan 14, 2004
  2. rezo_s

rezo_s

well, that was fast, but it was a free ride, so no big deal. closed for 0 result for now - may reenter later.

GL

#22     Jan 14, 2004
  3. I would say the exact opposite :)

#23     Jan 14, 2004
  4. rezo_s

rezo_s

Maybe for you it is not, but I am mainly a mid term trader (avg 200 pips), and prefer when there is a trend and not interventions - market is not trading USDJPY...but once it will - it will be the next big move. Lately (since last year interventions) this is like a breakthrough each time. Seems like market is accumulating the strenth in order to break the intervention levels, each time BoJ is protecting some level. Maybe you are scalper, and in that case, it is a perfect situation for you, but I am not a scalper, so I cannot argue with you about that.
    This pair is in 60-70 pips range for last 10 days (not counting the intervention moment, as trading only for intervention is not my style). Although I wouldnt mind riding the intervention :)

Anyway, if it is good for you, who cares - we all have our own approach.

Regards,

#24     Jan 14, 2004
  5. rezo_s

rezo_s

Now this changes the picture; trying little long here with this good bounce - buying now for small 50 pips target and 30 stop: buy now 1.2665. Keep stops placed.

#25     Jan 15, 2004
  6. rezo_s

rezo_s

got stopped. as my entry was '68 (I posted 65, because that was the rate the monute I was posting). for those who entered at 65 or lower, stop shouldnt have been hit, but 38 was the low after I entered, and it was hit (30 pips stop loss). :( I am not considering to reenter at the moment.

Good Luck!

#26     Jan 15, 2004
  7. rezo_s

rezo_s

Hello Everyone, Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

Now its time to get back to work. Well, I have been following the market since early this morning in order to find an entry for short (sell) eurusd or but USDCHF (which are basically 2 same things). Yes, I think it is time for correction, and I am aiming for the 50% retracement (see the Daily chart attached: 09.Nov.2003 - 12.Jan.2004). That was a long trip north, and it is time for some correction, and who knows, maybe for something more afterwards. For now lets talk about correction, and as you can see from the charts, first level of support is around 1.2150, followed by 61% at 1.1950. I think the 1.20 may start to be a problem for bears, taken 1.1950 is so close. So I think aiming for 1.20 is the thing to do now.
    Just as I am writing, the Euro is showing further weakness and is currently trading at 1.2337. I hope to catch some nice entry after a bit of consolidation, but for now there is only a sell off.
    There is not much to talk about here - just wait for consolidation and sell.
    Stop should be big enough as we were recently in a very strong bull market; I think at least 70 pips, but 100 is what I think safer. as an alternative, one could trade USDCHF with 100 pips stop. I will be targeting the 1.20 area as I already mentioned, so 100 pips stop is acceptable.
    If one wants not to trade for a longer term, it is a good decision to take shorter term trades. Maybe that is what I will do as well. Instead of one 100 pips stop trade on Euro, I will take 2 shorter term trades for 50-60 pips target (Euro and swissy) with 30 and 40 pips stop respectively. Will see. I will try to post about it, but I cannot promise.

Good Luck everyone, and a great trading week,

Rezo

#27     Jan 19, 2004
  8. manz66

manz66

Euro now at 1.2457 against usd, did you take your stoploss? :D

#28     Jan 20, 2004
  9. rezo_s

rezo_s

sorry to disappoint you, but as much as people like yourself would love to see it - sorry, not yet. But I already had stops this month and I posted about it. I also had profits and we are up almost 9%. And even if it was a stop right now (if I entered) - I don't see why you have to act as a 2 year old baby. This is market, and there is no such thing as trading without losses. . . but I guess I am talking with the wrong person here.
    On forums I learned one thing - not to pay attention to such a pleasant and nice to talk to people like yourself. (especially the experts among them:D)

take care mate, I hope you're doing better in real life

Oh, and please do not bother to reply - you'll be wasting both your and my time. I will not be replying to you. I am not here for that, and others aren't here for that as well.

I don't understand why are there people who want to put me in a bad position or willing so much for me to loose money for me and my clients and just sitting and waiting to say : aahhhaa - gotta - you got stopped...so what? this is market people - wake up...
    if you don't like me posting here - just don't read it. I post both profits and losses, never manipulate the forum or lie about the results. If I post about buying or selling - I do it same moment I enter, and you can verify the entries and exits...what is your problem? am I lying to you? if you think you are better in this - post your own comments - am I against you? if not - then you can at least sit quiet and don't show yourself. I am not making you to read my posts - it is your choice. If it makes you angry or it is so bad for you and you still read it - sorry, but you need a treatment.

what ever did I do to you? do I know you? no. so ? ... oh well - if you like it that much - enjoy your fantasies :D

#29     Jan 20, 2004
  10. manz66

manz66

You post here, because you are looking for gullible people to supply money in your managed fund. Basically, you are a vendor.

Taking more than 100 pips drawdown to hold position, is a very risky business. So, that was the reason asking you in a funny way, but looks like it hit a nerve here. Sorry mate. :p

#30     Jan 20, 2004