January Trading Journals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hitman, Jan 2, 2002.

1. candle, YOU have had the greatest positive influence on my trading than anyone else on this board. (with that 1 post) i am dead serious.

it's well worth posting again & again....

"Don't make things harder than they actually are. Just trade the trend with discipline, and let probability sort out your P&L over the long run."

CANDLETRADER

#71     Jan 9, 2002
  2. oolarinm

oolarinm

Candle ,

I believe real demons exist too , i just posted that for trading concerns.

#72     Jan 9, 2002
  3. Good to hear... I also believe in both sorts of demons... real and allegorical.

#73     Jan 9, 2002
  4. oolarinm

oolarinm

Candle ,

By the way have you bought "Trading in the Zone " yet , after reading one of your post recommending the disciplined trader i ordered both, IMHO it is the best book i have ever read on trading(i.e trading in the zone ) and i have read alot . Since i have not read the disciplined trader , i cannot compare them . Hitman may find it usefull

#74     Jan 9, 2002
  5. oolarinm,

I am delighted to hear that you are reading the Douglas material... we should compare notes when we have finished Trading in the Zone.

Best regards,
    Candle

#75     Jan 9, 2002
  6. tom_p just made an excellent quote in the Trading Maxims / Quotes thread.... I will repeat it here:

"As a trader it is more important to know that you will always follow your rules than it is to make money, because whatever money you make, you will inevitably lose back to the markets if you can't follow your rules."

Mark Douglas - The Disciplined Trader

#76     Jan 9, 2002
  7. oolarinm

oolarinm

Sure , Will like to share, learn from anyone, especially from an experieced trader . But are we not taking over Hitmans thread?

#77     Jan 9, 2002
  8. Good point oolarinm,

We better stop our conversation on Hitman's thread.... perhaps we (oolarinm, protrader, tom_p and myself) can get together for a voicechat one day.

Candle

#78     Jan 9, 2002
  9. Hitman-

I have a question about your trades today...mainly the retail stocks. And please take this as CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and not any sort of condescension.
    I was looking at KSS,WMT , TGT, FD...and I just don't see why you would get long those stocks. I understand that the RLX did seem to go up at 11am...but that is an index and difficult to discover strength in because there is no volume.
    FD did to have a spike w/ volume...but the rest of them just seemed to be channeling or running into resistance at 11am.
    I'm just trying to understand your methodology in these trades.

Respectfully,
    Uptick2000

#79     Jan 9, 2002
  10. >And please take this as CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and not any sort of condescension.

HA!

stop kissin' a$$...ask him plain out...

"U dum sh*t...why'd you buy dos stocks...hahahaha!"

#80     Jan 9, 2002