January Trading Journals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hitman, Jan 2, 2002.

1. no candle, not you. from what i've read, i believe you to be one of the best traders on this board. i would be very surprised if you blew up. i was referring to duffs excuse making BS.

#41     Jan 9, 2002
  2. Protrader,

What is the point of all this? Hitman is going through a minor drawdown period ... we ALL have these periods... I have seen enough of Hitman to suggest to you that he has a great chance of being in 6 figures by December 31st 2002.

A few days of drawdown does not a good trader break.

Anyway, good luck to you in your trading.

Just my 2 cents,
    Candle

#42     Jan 9, 2002
  3. Hitman,

$403 gross is a good performance... cut down on trade frequency and cherry pick a bit more, so that gross and net are not so lopsided in future.

Just my 2 cents,
    Candle

#43     Jan 9, 2002
  4. OK, candle, i'll bite, WHY may he see six figures??? Where's the genius??? Where's the brilliance??? Go ahead, you tell me. I'm waiting.

#44     Jan 9, 2002
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Protrader...What is the point of all this?

As Candle said, and worth repeating. Normally by the time of your 100+ post you've made enemies of just about everyone on the board...and then you move on to your next schizophrenic alias. Does this mean you won't be hiding (or is that cowering?) behind new ones every month or so?

#45     Jan 9, 2002
  6. OK, I will tell you... Hitman usually has good discipline and that helps him to cut his losses... although I can't agree with some of Hitman's trading technique (admittedly, I find some of his intraday bottom-picking dangerous), I do not believe that trading technique has as much importance as discipline and emotional control. On average, I find that Hitman has the discipline and emotional control, learnt from the school of hard knocks (trading experience).

Hitman has been been grinding away for over a year and has been through the various emotions that we all go through... also he survived the choppy Summer 2001 period and ended up with $70k net in 2001, his first full year of trading. He did brilliantly in 2001 given that it was his first year and given the truly crap nature of the market.

#46     Jan 9, 2002
  7. Survival of the fittest...that's what!

A$$ KISSIN' has no survival value!

end of message.

#47     Jan 9, 2002
  8. I agree... the fittest will survive.

On ass kissin', I make a multiple of what Hitman makes and I am not after anything Hitman can offer (even his Princess)...

I am not kissin' Hitman's ass (I never kiss male asses, but I will make an exception for female asses)...

I simply respect Hitman for his record to date.

#48     Jan 9, 2002
  9. >OK, I will tell you... Hitman usually has good discipline and that helps him to cut his losses...

I agree, he (usually) cuts his losses. that's good, but that aint enuf to conclue he gonna go ballistic.

>although I can't agree with some of Hitman's trading technique (admittedly, I find some of his intraday bottom-picking dangerous), I do not believe that trading technique has as much importance as discipline and emotional control.

oh, i see, even if his tech is flawed he will make six figures trading his discipline. NOT!

>Hitman has been been grinding away for over a year and has been through the various emotions that we all go through... also he survived the choppy Summer 2001 period and ended up with $70k net in 2001, his first full year of trading.

Big deal, so did I. So did most of us, but now he's DOWN! and as HE says, you are only as good as your last trade. what have you done lately?

still no valid argument for a six figure profit. care to argue a bit more effectively???

#49     Jan 9, 2002
  10. No, I will not argue further on this Protrader. Your counterarguments have merit. BUT you forgot one thing... Hitman made $70k in 2001 ... that's the bottom line, and that's all that matters.

I have faith in Hitman... and as a practicing atheist, you can not know the meaning of what it is to have faith....

#50     Jan 9, 2002