January Trading Journals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hitman, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Hitman ,

You are still crying each day, so sad for you.

Like I said from my first post, your losing could not happen to a nicer guy.

Attached is a pic I found of what you will look like after you blow up your trading account.

Come to Las Vegas, you will have a better chance of success at the quarter slots in the Mirage.

Beep Beep !

Sharpie

#321     Jan 30, 2002
  2. Hitman-
    I say this because it worked for me...and even though you say you don't get much good advice from this board I'm gonna put out my 2cents anyway.
    Someone suggested you take a break or short vacation. And you replied that you couldn't afford to. I'm wondering if at this point you can afford not to.

I know you'll get back on track.
    uptik2000

Visualize! And it will happen.

#322     Jan 30, 2002
  3. cas

cas

Hitman,

I suggested try to just sit for a day at your terminal and watch the mkt...without any trades....others have suggested a day or two off. Why not try it? I have always found that a short break helps clear the mind from being stuck in a rut. It appears from other posts on this thread that many others have found the same thing to be useful.

cas

#323     Jan 30, 2002
  4. Hitman

Hitman

A long sigh of relief came out of me as the closing bell finally went off. It took a total gift of a day, on which the bottom guy on firm's top 30 list made 11K, to bring me back into black for 2002.

While I didn't even tap into half the potential of this game, it just feel good to be up for the year and given the way I choked yesterday's game and the month for that matter, it felt good.

That said, I wasted all but one game of January to make the first dollar of 2002, and it has been way overdue. Hopefully I won't see red again for the year, rest of the way. I have some cushion for tommorrow and I will make sure I finish the month up to save my streak of 7 straight up months (last time I had a down month it was in May).

My best game in a long time came when I most desperately needed it, 16400 shares each way on 6 of 10 shooting, +2361 before commissions, +1887 after, 2 bullets (plus 4 extra that I shared with another trader).

Pre-Market: All the daily's felt the same way, I think we are going down, just a matter of how much, how fast . . .

9:30: Bulleted AXP/KMI as my choice bullets on XNG sell-off (everything gapped down too much). I traded 5100 shares of AXP each way and got $980 before commissions, $812 after. I sold into squeezes and a big seller in him made it very easy to hold on. KMI was a horrendous trade considering I had the bullet when the stock opened up and I only took $300 out after commissions. Stock went down 3 points, went up 3 points, that is what I call lack of effort.

9:45: Quick OSX squeeze and I took 1000 GSF stopped out for flat. Market did squeeze before tanking and I was able to use my friend's partial bullet on LM for 80 cents off 500 shares. Tried his partial bullet on PHM and covered immediately, home builders were again stronger than rocks today.

10:30: I was up $700 at one point and I was ready to call it a good day. But market went down another leg and thankfully I stayed aggressive and did one more leg on AXP/KMI.

12:30: I was up $1350, going into the Fed meeting with a big lead feels so good, going into it with a deficit and you are in big trouble.

2:15: My team made a bet on where the market will close ($5 a person), I betted down 100 point and of course I was wrong. Fortunately I went very light (300 shares) on the shorts and went long when I saw that it just climbed and climbed and I took LM (50 cents but very inefficient with the pare out's), LAB (40 cents), CCU (just 15 cents and left 1 point on the table), DHI (15 cents left 40 cents on the table). I really didn't think the market will close up 100 something points and I didn't go as long and strong as I should have, but at that point it was like putting the cherry on sundae and while I wish I was more aggressive, it was a good game.

To keep in things in perspective, I am up $800 for the month, and it really shouldn't have come down to the second to last game to do it, but this game will hopefully give me some much needed confidence to start competing again.

#324     Jan 30, 2002
  5. hitman..

nice man.. congratulations =)

-qwik

#325     Jan 30, 2002
  6. tom_p

tom_p

:D :D :D :D :D :D

#326     Jan 30, 2002
  7. Hitman, it's all in your mind.

The stress is what's keeping you from the big bucks.

You've got to feel the love, or for shorts, the hate.

Sometimes it's so easy , you can't believe it, so you don't take the trade.

Sometimes it's so hard , you can't believe you took the trade.

Focus is everything.

Bullets too. :p

#327     Jan 30, 2002
  8. Some nice trading there Hitman... nice to see you are green now in 2002...

Candle

#328     Jan 31, 2002
  9. yipppeeee, nice to see the "Hit Parade" once again after each green day...:)

#329     Jan 31, 2002
  10. Brother Protrader,

Join with us and partake in a celebration of success.

Sincerely and with brotherly tendencies,
    Candle

#330     Jan 31, 2002