Jan-Jul 2010 was the warmest average land surface temperature ever recorded

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Aug 17, 2010.

Is this climate change or just weather pattern?

1. climate change is real

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. just weather, you'll see

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. don't know

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. don't care

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. The average human exhales 500kg of CO2 per year. That means if the world population grows by 2% next year, you can guarantee that their will be an extra 73 million tons(or 67 billion kg) of CO2 released into the air. Hows that for fear mongering for you. Sounds scary right?

But FYI, the amount of CO2 that comes out the tailpipe of a car per 1 gallon of gas is 8.2kg and the average american car pumps out 7700kg of CO2 per year. Basically the average american car pumps out as much CO2 in a year as 15 humans standing around breathing normally. Frightening isnt it.

#11     Aug 18, 2010
  2. Biological carbon emissions are neutral to the atmosphere.

Burning carbon that was buried millions of years ago is not neutral. It's the same effect as volcanic eruptions, which have proven impacts on the earth's climate.

#12     Aug 18, 2010
  3. Arnie

Arnie

You and I will probably never see eye to eye on this subject. It sounds plausible that there is some AGW. I just don't agree that is the reason for MOST of the warming or that all of the effects of GW will necessarily be negative. The one thing I see consistently from your side of the debate is any consideration of mitigating factors and a pell mell atitude that we MUST do something. Your own post basically says we're screwed. Do you really believe we can significantly reduce man made CO2 enough to counter AGW in the next 30-40 years with China, India, Brazil and all of Africa about to enter their growth stage?

#13     Aug 18, 2010
  4. the Russian financial crisis followed shortly...

coincidence? we shall see soon...

#14     Aug 18, 2010
  5. Well stated. The left is using this as a convenient excuse to push through all sorts of stuff from giving the government control over energy use to wealth transfer to the Third World.

If it does get hotter, we can deal with it. They act like it would be an unmitigated disaster, but it could have many benefits.

#15     Aug 18, 2010
  6. Eight

Eight

Southern California had some areas that were so cool this summer that crops didn't come in!! These global warming people cannot be circumsized because there is no end to the pricks...

#16     Aug 18, 2010
  7. And in Texas they had Corn and Beans that burned in the stalk and sorghum dieing on the vine.

It's just weather dude. Follow the trend and get over it.

#17     Aug 18, 2010
  8. "US Government admits satellite temperature readings “degraded.” All data taken offline in shock move. Global warming temperatures may be 10 to 15 degrees too high.

The fault was first detected after a tip off from an anonymous member of the public to climate skeptic blog, Climate Change Fraud (view original article) (August 9, 2010)"

http://www.climatechangefraud.com/c...-means-decade-of-global-warming-data-doubtful

#18     Aug 18, 2010
  9. jem

jem

And when someone can tell me:

1. how do we know this is not part of a 10000 year weather cycle
    being that the ice cores show an increase in temperature before and increase in C02

then

2. how do we know its man made

3. how do we effectively and efficiently control it.

None of these things seem to ever be answered...

I surfed... I got sick from the pollution - sometimes... I am would like a cleaner environment for my kids... I think we are not charging enough for our natural resources...

I just think that most of the global warming people are not smart enough to think in systems and the ones that think in systems are attempting to profit financially or politically.

#19     Aug 18, 2010
  10. Biological carbon emissions have no impact only because they're part of a closed system and come through food chains from plants which got the carbon from the atmosphere in the first place.

#20     Aug 18, 2010