James 'Winners of the New World' Cramer: "Better Have 5 Years of Cash on Hand"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 6, 2008.

1. How does this imbecile manage to get his face on the NBC Nightly News?

Is America this sad and pathetic? Is this the type of person the media will seek advise from when fulfilling its (admittedly galactically flawed) mission of 'informing the American People' regarding current political and economic events?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27045699/

“Whatever money you may need for the next five years, please take it out of the stock market right now, this week. I do not believe that you should risk those assets in the stock market right now.”

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27045406#27045406" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

The same way imbeciles like you get on ET?

And no I don't like Cramer.

3. the futures are up nice this am. did cramer capitulate and set a st bottom?

4. Cramer = bought and paid for by GS.

Sold his soul long ago.

Garbage for the masses.

5. yes its garbage but this time he seemed close to tears and full of fear. And I don't think he was acting. I think it could be a good sign that we are close to a bottom.

6. the funny thing is that yesterday a few of the smarter traders with a negitive slant went long right after cramer capitulated. he has no respect even on real money.

7. His audience is pop-culture. Too self absorbed to commit the needed time and energy into learning anything of real value.

Or...the baby boomer "me" crowd needing a few bucks after squandering their life earnings and waking up to a shitty retirement (self induced).

Edit: I really don't know who is dumber.....him or those that buy his garbage.

8. Didn't he call a bottom like three weeks ago, now I should sell everything. I could get better investment advice from a homeless guy. :mad:

9. gnome

gnome

I'm not a Cramer fan. (In fact, I once emailed him that I thought he was a Big Jerk... he responded, suggesting I "take a pill"... LOL).

However, I think his "call" on "5 years" of market trouble might be close to correct.

10. i will bet you $100 bucks that cramer issues a buy call again sometime this year.

#10     Oct 7, 2008