James Carville: Wake up, We might lose

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, May 9, 2012.

1. Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose

By James Carville, CNN Contributor
    May 9, 2012 -- Updated 0009 GMT (0809 HKT)

(CNN) -- A long time ago a great three-time governor of Louisiana, Earl Long, said about Jimmie Davis, the two-time not very good governor of Louisiana, "You couldn't wake up Jimmie Davis with an earthquake."

As I go around the country and see various Democrats and talk to them on the phone, honestly I'm beginning to think that we have become the party of Jimmie Davis.

My message is simple: WTFU. Translated -- wake the you-know-what up, there is an earthquake.

You think that Democrats around the country are going to win -- as I hear time and time again from people on the street.

Democratic fundraisers, activists, supporters, and even politicians alike have somehow collectively lapsed into the sentiment that the president is going to be reelected and that we have a good shot to take the House back while holding the Senate.

The polling? Not that encouraging. The latest Democracy Corps poll was 47-47. The Real Clear Politics average of polls has the president up a whopping three-tenths of a percentage point. And I am hearing the garbage that Democratic donors are telling Democratic fundraisers ..."Obama has it in the bag."

You can shoot five Bin Ladens, you can save 10,000 banks and 20 car companies, even pass the most sweeping legislation in modern American history; if people don't think that you are connected to their lives and are fighting for their interests they will vote your tush out of office in a nano-second. For historical reference see Winston Churchill election of 1945 and President George H.W. Bush in 1992.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/08/opinion/carville-democrats-could-lose/index.html

2. Yep. Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public. They might go for the waffling empty suit who passed health care legislation and says he should be given credit for the rescue of the auto industry.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Carville should spend his time doing something more worthwhile, like fighting He-Man and trying to take over castle Grayskull.

[​IMG]

4. Max E.

Max E.

lol, thats hilarious, I like that site..... funniest one i ever saw was wilford brimley vs, Diabeetus cat.....

[​IMG]

5. pspr

pspr

It's not that they might lose - they WILL lose.

6. Arnie

Arnie

7. Sarah walks into a bar.

The bartender says "Why the long face?"

She says "My mother fukced a horse."

8. Brass

Brass

And yet you're still not quite ready to place a bet, are you?

9. Max E.

Max E.

10. JamesL

JamesL

Is it 2048 already?

#10     May 9, 2012