James Altucher's Retirement Guide: Why You "Only" Need $2 Million

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Clubber Lang, Oct 20, 2010.

1. trendo

trendo

I'm no math whiz, but in your example, 78 would be the median and not necessarily the average. :D

#31     Oct 21, 2010
  2. nope. just coincidence. His style looks more information intense, different to mine. I only play major masses shifts&fundamentals, that are easy to spot (not too much details required). Although I was good at it from day 1, it required full circle of trader education to get there. To me it was most important to learn what is NOT important in trading & how to integrate trading & life.

#32     Oct 21, 2010
  3. loved that film :)

#33     Oct 21, 2010
  4. You don't need 2 million. You don't need 1 million. What you need is to be debt free. That's it, unless you have yet to control your ego and still need lot's of "things" to fill the hole in your life. Hopefully by age 65-70 you can have that ego in check.

#34     Oct 21, 2010
  5. Visaria

Visaria

You guys are going to need $100 million to retire on because your dollar will be near worthless within 10 years. Bernanke and Geithner are determined to make this happen :D

Don't worry, I'm going to need £100 million myself. Mervyn King is going to make this happen for me :mad:

#35     Oct 21, 2010
  6. Visaria

Visaria

Here they are plotting the demise of the dollar:

[​IMG]

#36     Oct 21, 2010
  7. When regrets replace dreams. You're screwed.

#37     Oct 21, 2010
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

What is better, to die with 5 million in the bank or 5 millions in debt? :)

#38     Oct 21, 2010
  9. No medical expenses in retirement?

#39     Oct 21, 2010
  10. Well, if you die $5Million in debt, you likely got that way intentionally. Is that fair to those you owe? Is it OK to "screw the lender", or "screw the system", or "screw The Man"? Is that you?

No, I don't believe it's better to die in debt. (Perhaps we should have laws which require heirs to pay our debts... and if they can't or won't, go to debtor prison in our stead. Would certainly alter behavior for most.)

#40     Oct 21, 2010