Jacob Internet Fund -95% YTD

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Oct 4, 2002.

1. I remember when he was managing money for one of the bigger fund families(Munder???) and had that bang up 1999, so he went out on his own in 2000 and was in the hole from the start...That guy must be popping Prozac all the time...I didnt see how much $$$ he has under management, but it cant be much...But I am surprised as well the place has not at least merged or folded shop...

2. Jacobs= Poster Boy for all the yuppie punks that burned up good American $$$

3. MrDinky

MrDinky

Actually it's -95% since inception (12/13/99) but it's still hilarious!

:cool:

August 31, 2001 / December 14, 1999 - August 31, 2000

Net asset value, beginning of period $5.54 / $10.00
    Net asset value, end of period $0.83 / $5.54
    Total return (85.02%) / (44.60%)
    Net assets, end of period $17,017,392 / $127,779,557

Current NAV: $.48-------"Growth" of $10,000 investment (red line)

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. They should change the name to "Jacob's Ladder" internet fund.

The main character spent the entire movie, oblivious to the fact that he's already dead.

5. exce26

exce26

Whenever people putting money into his fund, he might be shotted aggresively on his fund. That is the only way to make money, otherwise,............:D

6. cheeks

cheeks

He stepped directly in front of an oncoming train!

Ouch!!

7. Why pick on baby face Jacobs? How much money did the Motley Fool crew burn up, with their ad nauseum 'new math' calculations?

8. MrDinky

MrDinky

I went there to see how much that "coveted" rule breaker portfolio is worth. Wouldn't even show me unless I registered first. Bet I can guess why.

9. Babak

Babak

From Barron's [Oct 12 2002]:

"During the bubble, the Motley Fool was so giddy about Internet and technology stocks that it tended to ignore fundamental valuation. That may not have been a good idea. Today, its once-lauded Rule Maker Portfolio, a model portfolio that tracks cumulative investment of $43,000, dating back to February 1998, is now worth just $26,778. A spokesman for the Fool says comparable data for the S&P 500 has been "lost."

In any case, try this on for a contrarian indicator: The Fool is now predicting that the Nasdaq will plunge to 500. Perhaps tech stocks really have hit bottom."

#10     Oct 12, 2002