Jack's Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dbphoenix, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Partly because IAL dragged it all up again by instituting these "polls". And partly because I would like to settle this once and for all, if at all possible, because the wrangling has gone on for so long and has shed absolutely no light whatsoever. That's not going to happen in Chit Chat.

Without quoting gms' replies, the point I was trying to make earlier is that we once again are coming at this from different directions. I'm assuming that IAL's squawks have been directed toward the futures strategy since that is where the bulk of his posts have been made. The futures strategy, as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with the equities strategy, which, also as far as I can tell, is a simple retread of Wm O'Neil, except for the profit-taking aspect. That I have no problem with since I used CANSLIM for 12 years before I switched to daytrading.

If we are talking about the equities strategy, then I suggest that anyone who's having trouble with it ought to look into Ian Woodward. He took the CANSLIM ball a number of years ago and ran with it, creating what amounts to his own stand-alone strategy (something that Jack has not yet accomplished). Ian provides so much step by step detail that you'll likely choke on it.

If we are talking about the futures strategy, then we are just as much in the dark as ever. I asked, why, after all this time and all these pages, does no one on that thread understand it well enough to explain it to someone else (which, many would claim, is the true test of understanding, and a large part of what teaching is all about). GMS said, "ask them." And I have. And am. (This is, of course, separate from the issue of whether or not anyone is actually making any real money off of it, not paper trading, not simulated.)

If there is something there, then it behooves somebody who thinks they understand it to explain it to the satisfaction of everyone concerned. If no one steps up to the plate, then these idiotic threads continue, perhaps for years. If there is in fact nothing there, then let's establish that and move on. Either way, I imagine that there are many people who would be just as happy as I to see these extraneous "Jack" threads end. I should think that three would be enough for anyone.

#21     Aug 26, 2003
  2. monkey, their are two words I delete... Sh*t and F*ck. Hell, damn, ass, ie., lite swearing, I leave in because for some reason people are so protective of their swear words. But I do not leave any in when they are used to attack someone. For example, monkey, damn you, why don't you go to hell you stupid ass! In this case, all of the lite swearing, and the word stupid would be deleted. I am sure you are able to understand that. And, when I delete those words, then the remaining fragments would be meaningless. So I delete the whole sentence, and then people who feel their rights have been violated start whining.

It's a smart choice to put this thread in the Trading Forum. As you see from the most recent "Inandlong chooses" thread, I deleted only the profanity as listed above. The bashing against me I didn't, although it is crap because bashing is crap.

You're right, it is not sixth grade. So immature behavior is not welcome. If you have the need to post profanity, go to a yahoo board, or any other forum if you wish. If you want to make personal attacks, go elsewhere too. If you want to make a criticism about someone's strategy, you are welcome to do so. But do it in a manner found in a meeting of the board of directors for IBM.... not pimps and punks on the block.

#22     Aug 26, 2003
  3. db' I have no idea what the futures strategy is. It is clear that jack's equity method is a modified CANSLIM and PitBull strategy. I don't care about his strategies one iota.

I became involved in this ONLY when jack came to the Trading Forum, and posted that Trend Fader was stupid and a loser. He used those words specifically. I deleted only that portion of his post that PERSONALLY attacked Trend Fader. From there jack felt he had been mistreated. I disagree. He chooses to personally attack anyone who disagrees, criticizes, or even questions his strategy. And personal attacks will be deleted. It is very simple.

The poll about jack's method is legitimate. Interesting that there was no fussing about the polls on Connors and Landry. Why would that be? One reason is because they are not the subject of controversy. There was every opportunity for those threads to turn into a discussion of the pros and cons of Landry and Connors yet they did not do so. Only one of the three polls became a focus of discussion. The poll was not biased. You either are making money, are not making money, or don't have it down yet. Nothing damning there {for you monkey}, just straight questions.

I started the Stop the crap effort because so many long-time valuable members had been pm'ing me, and posting that they were leaving because of the crap, or posting less because of the crap, etc. And if anyone reads thru that thread, they will clearly see that no crap is what is wanted. I received almost as many PM's privately endorsing the effort. There is nothing wrong with being polite. And that is what it boils down to. To defend crass and beligerent behavior is ignorance. I am not saying you do by any means. But that is what this is all about.

#23     Aug 26, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And why single out Jack? You say you know nothing about his strategy; therefore, you are not in a position to put it on a par with Connors and Landry. Including him in a poll makes little sense unless you include everyone who has ever posted a strategy on ET.

Why did no one respond to the polls on Landry and Connors? Probably because nobody cared. Why did so many people write so many posts regarding the "Jack" poll? Probably because the posts had nothing to do with the subject of the poll.

You create these situations, then you damn the results. How can you complain about all the "crap" that this episode has generated since none of it would have occurred without your sponsorship?

I initiated this thread to settle the issue of whether there is a legitimate strategy buried under all the posts that have been written about it. It is not about you. Unless someone is abusive or uses foul language, I can't see that you have anything to contribute since, as you say, you know nothing about the strategy. If you want a thread about you, follow rlb's example and establish a separate and distinct complaint thread.

#24     Aug 26, 2003
  5. monkey posted to me, db'. See it back there? And you made an error about the futures thing, so I set that straight.

Jack says his strategy makes some pretty high returns. High enough to pique my interest... and yours. Working through the strategy, as you readily admit, is very difficult and time consuming. So I asked via a poll simple questions. No big deal. Simple unbiased questions. The results of the poll and the bulk of the posts confirm exactly what you yourself have been saying, that it is very very difficult to understand the strategy. That's it.

This is not about me. You are right. Don't misquote me, or misrepresent me, and I am on the sidelines. But if you or monkey or anyone makes an inaccurate assertion about me, I will post the truth. Just as you do db'.

#25     Aug 26, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I made no error about "the futures thing". The bulk of your posts have been made there. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that the strategy to which you referred was the futures strategy, not the equities strategy. If not, then you should have been specific about what strategy you were talking about in your poll.

As for monkey or me or whomever, if you feel compelled to respond to every comment that's made about you that you perceive to be "inaccurate", then a lot of threads are going to wind up being about you. If you truly believe that you are "on the sidelines", I suggest that you compare the level and quality of your participation with that of other moderators.

#26     Aug 26, 2003
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

bubba7 / Jack Hershey has been banned due to numerous complaints from other members recently. As a result, this thread has been closed.

Keep in mind that although we have moderators, ET is largely self-regulated. So if I get an abnormal number of complaints from other members about the same user being disruptive, annoying, abusive, etc., then that user is gonna get booted out - no questions asked.

#27     Aug 26, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.