Jacko Doo Doo

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Pabst

Pabst

If one makes a conclusion based on inferences gathered from either empirical or statistical evidence does that make him bigoted?

Blacks commit much greater crime than whites. True statement. Whether in the States, London, Rio, Jamaica, or Africa, black homicide rates are at a multiple of whites. By virtue of making that statement/observation am I bigoted?

#11     Dec 29, 2003
  2. In the manner you used your limited findings, yes it demonstrated bigotry.

When you judge a group by the actions of only a percentage of it, that is bigotry and prejudice.

In your case, you did not engage in a statistically valid study of new membership in Islam and a background in violent behavior.

#12     Dec 29, 2003
  3. Pabst

Pabst

I would only prosecute Muslims if they refused to accept the eternal salvation offered by Jesus. :)

#13     Dec 29, 2003
  4. How fully unAmerican of you.

#14     Dec 29, 2003
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Agreed. Neither RM nor me can offer statistical evidence on the criminal history of new Islamic's. However it appears, and I live in the capital of the Black Muslim movement, that an inordinate number of conversions to Islam are from those who seem intent on being less than tolerant themselves.

#15     Dec 29, 2003
  6. It could also be that the lily white Christians are afraid to go into the black community to attempt to empower the poor blacks via conversion to Christianity, or reinforcement of existing theological ideology.

Part of the problem with the statistics for blacks and crime, etc. is that if you really break down the numbers you will find many other factors beyond race, ethnicity, or religion that are at the root of violence and crime.

The number of blacks that come from broken homes, poverty, lack of education etc. should be taken into account when making such evaluations and subsequent conclusions as to the cause of criminal or violent behavior.

External conditions can and do lead to hopelessness and crime, black, white, Muslim, or Christian.

#16     Dec 29, 2003
  7. "It could also be that the lily white Christians are afraid to go into the black community to attempt to empower the poor blacks via conversion to Christianity, or reinforcement of existing theological ideology."

I dunno about that one at all. I see the Bible thumpers traveling all the way to the remote jungles of Africa to spread their gospel and indoctrinate black people.

#17     Dec 29, 2003
  8. Most of Africa is safer for a white missionary worker than inner city slums and projects in America.

#18     Dec 29, 2003
  9. Pabst

Pabst

#19     Dec 29, 2003
  10. #20     Dec 29, 2003