Jack Snow (vs. Greenspan)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bungrider, May 9, 2003.

1. funny, i dont remember saying anything about bush or clinton

all i said is that the annual deficit has soared

and you are right, that it has a lot to do with drop in cap gains, which has to do with the bubble and not the president

but in a household budget, if revenue drops without a cut in spending, nothing is done to ballance your budget, your household future is in jeopardy - same true for a nation

whether right or wrong, expanding our role as WorldCop(TM) hasnt helped the situation

#21     May 12, 2003
  2. The idea of a world where all people are alike--in wealth or in anything else--is a fantasy for the stupid.

#22     May 12, 2003

3. Knew that was coming....you don;t think there has been enough evidence? They were supposed to claim these bio abs yet they denied even having them ......and hid them under the f*ing sand!!! take your head out of the sand and use a little common sense: If you have a brand new tractor trailer........Why would you bury it in the sand? You see, in America, when you have old trucks you bring it to a junk yard and part it out? Doesn't it scare you that they FOUND plutonium in the middle of the desert? They destroyed an Al Queda camp? They found a 747 jet plane that they used for training hijackers? ....so now even when they find stuff the left will just say " it was planted".......why bother? your obsession with hatred of Bush is the reason the dems are losing all these battles....and senate seats,....I 'm just so glad there 's guys like Daschle, Rangel and even you BUNG who make it so easy for the republican party...In the old days there was a thing called moderate Democrats....now they are all Republicans...and when Clinton came in he did a good job of getting them back...but thanks to the current crew, they are all turning republican again...keep up the good work..:D :D

#23     May 12, 2003
  4. i agree with you there on clinton not killing OBL -- maybe OBL's friends in texas stalled it hahahaaa-- just kidding

at least Clinton can admit when he's wrong -- i haven't heard anything about the support "we" gave OBL and SH in the 80's from cheney or rumsfeld. even a "sorry" would be something, but then again, those two spineless idiots lack the balls anyway to admit when they're wrong...i mean, shit -- cheney won't even come out on groundhog day -- how can we expect him to address that apparent misjudgment, let alone the apparent conflict of interest with HAL...when he's afraid to come up to the surface anyway...

last time i checked, the iraq war cost us more american lives

and last time i checked, oil got ALOT more expensive when Bush took office...

and last time I checked, oil got alot more expensive when daddy bush took office, too...

and republicans blame carter for high oil prices...hmm...yes, carter fucked up, but i don't see why nobody cares that W and daddy fuck up constantly?? and only fuck things up worse when they try to fix them...

let's not forget the progression from the "anti-WMD war" to the "iraqi freedom war" -- if that doesn't wreak of BULLSHIT i don't know what does...

#24     May 12, 2003
  5. There's a joke told about the way liberal politicians treat rich people: A traveling salesman stays overnight with a farm family. When the family gathers to eat there's a pig seated at the table. And the pig has three medals hanging around his neck and a peg leg. The salesman says, "Um, I see you have a pig having dinner with you."

"Yes," says the farmer. "That's because he's a very special pig. You see those medals around his neck? Well, the first medal is from when our youngest son fell in the pond, and he was drowning, and that pig swam out and saved his life. The second medal, that's from when the barn caught fire and our little daughter was trapped in there and the pig ran inside, carried her out and saved her life. And the third medal, that's from when our oldest boy was cornered in the stock yard by a mean bull, and that pig ran under the fence and bit the bull on the tail and saved the boy's life."

"Yes," says the salesman, "I can see why you let that pig sit right at the table and have dinner with you. And I can see why you awarded him the medals. But how did he get the peg leg?"

"Well," says, the farmer, "a pig like that--you don't eat him all at once."

#25     May 12, 2003
  6. at least Clinton can admit when he's wrong

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Im sorry Bung....which Bill Clinton are we referring to? The one who lied under oath and was impeached for lieing?...Or the one who told the american public " i did not have sexual relations with that woman"...and then 6 months later comes on tv and says...."in fact I did have inappropriate relations with that woman and I lied and it was wrong?

The Clinton who was disbarred? ( you know that right) for lying??

#26     May 12, 2003
  7. taodr

taodr

Okay enough already we all agree the markets fucked and wont be the same in our lifetime. I am only afraid when they are finished it will be fucked during my kids lifetime as well.

#27     May 12, 2003
  8. this "fucked" market is only fucked because of the government and the federal reserve.

#28     May 12, 2003
  9. hehe fine mindgame there. do you have a link for the plutonium???

let's face it -- the bush administration is the worst since carter.

nuff said.

and let's keep my fiscal beliefs separate from marxism or whatever the fuck else you're trying to paint me as...i don't want to pay for anything i don't have to.... i want to keep my income. i don't want to pay for wars or deficit interest. i don't want to stand by and watch this administration rape the savings of voters while our dollar gets killed....

and the whole "ooh, it's so great that everyone can buy a home now that our interest rates are so low since our economy is so weak" thing is just Bush trying to paint a turd.

like i said last week, i consider being mugged by a 14 year old crack dealer to be a FAR FAR FAR more real threat to my well-being than any terrorist. we can deficit spend our way into and out of iraq, but the bottom line is that state and local governments are bankrupt, and joblessness is growing. the whole iraq/WMD thing is a distraction from the growing domestic problem that is snowballing.

i don't give a rat's ass about the problems of the people in iraq, but i do give a rat's ass that half of americans in the ghetto are illiterate. this whole thing is bullshit. how the fuck can you want lower taxes, and allow our regime to piss away BILLIONS on these bullshit wars???

we could've EASILY paid for the dividend tax cut (and maybe even lowered the inheritance tax -- both of which are pointless taxes in my opinion) if not for this bullshit war...but then again, now that i think of it, W would've funded something equally MORONIC like a physically-impossible STAR WARS missle defense shield...

do you think HAL is going to kick back some of their extra profits to help pay for the tax cut??? :D cuz that's where you seem to be going with this...

please explain it to me, because i'm thinking more and more that this apparent lapse of reasoning is simply retarded.

#29     May 12, 2003
  10. RIGHT....i can't believe you're mentioning that- you must be getting desperate...

so he lied and that makes it OK for a partisan witchhunt that WASTED millions of dollars...

the fact is that clinton was untouchable and that really pissed alot of people off...and he still is untouchable..

oh yeah, and Harken and W's insider trading... that was FAR FAR FAR BETTER than clinton getting a BJ from a fat girl...

who wastes money again? the democrats?? were they the ones behind the witchhunt??

#30     May 12, 2003