Jack Snow (vs. Greenspan)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bungrider, May 9, 2003.

1. Because lowering taxes doesnt change your economic position any more than reducing your credit card payments makes you wealthier

http://www.federalbudget.com/

Debt cap now being raised above 7 trillion

The taxes you now pay have interest on the debt as 2nd highest expence (redistribution the highest), but it is more than is paid on defense

If interest rates dont go up, foriegners will lose interest in finacing the deficit denominated in a falling dollar

If interest rates DO go up, then the deficit soars

We have swung from 200b surplus to 200b+ deficit in 3 years

You are now paying 15% of the federal taxes you pay for tax cuts of the past (or excessive spending if you like to look at it that way) - what matters is that spending must match taxes, or your future taxes go way up

Its no different than a household living off a credit card

#11     May 12, 2003
  2. im more for reducing spending than i am against cutting taxes, my interest is in a ballanced budget, i would eagerly support a program of cutting spending

but i feel you must cut spending before you cut taxes

#12     May 12, 2003
  3. taodr

taodr

Listen who wanted this bullshit war. No WMD have been found. It's a total croc of shit. This is why there will be massive deficits not reducing the workers taxes. Governments just piss away money anyway. Clinton only had good years because oil dropped and stayed close to $10 a barrel.

#13     May 12, 2003

4. Look up the facts......tell me ONE single thing Clinton did to Stimulate the Economy???? Tell me ONE single thing Bush did to hurt the economy?...Presidents don;t have the power to do much for the economy....the economy was crashing as Bush took office...In fact, the recession started in the 3rd q 2000....Bush was also accused of 'talking down the economy' remember?

The reason the economy is so fucked up is because the market tanked in 2000....followed by the 9-11 disaster....do you know how much 9-11 cost??? It's actually pretty simple...in the 90's a person could invest 10k in some YAHOO and turn it into 100k in a matter of weeks....Everybody and anybody made money on the internet boom....when they would cash out , the Gov't took a hefty 37k out of the 100k profit......what a great system....money to do anything you want right?....how much cap gains tax money is on the board now? This all started in april 2000 with the crash and if it wasn't for 9-11, we probably would have been over it by now. neither Bush nor Clinton can do anything to stimulate the economy....anything to the contrary is foolish.....including the idea of a tax cut ...sure there will be some additional spending but I don;t want the tax cut for economic reasons....I want it because it's my fucking money and I want it back.....

BTW: Does anyone know what is considered " the wealthiest americans"????? still no answers?:confused:

#14     May 12, 2003
  5. the MEDIAN ( not average, the middle ) income for all U.S. citizens is about $33,000/yr. This includes all regions, and varies considerably by cost of living. In Florida the Median is about $24,000/yr but the cost of living is pretty low in most of the state and there is no state income tax to deal with.

What is insidious about the Dems is that they take the notion of "class" WAY to seriously, which betrays the MARXISM inherent in their point of view.

#15     May 12, 2003

6. MOSUL DISCOVERY
    Meanwhile, U.S. officials said the mobile laboratories were found at a bombed-out rocket and missile factory near Mosul in northern Iraq. One of the trailers was missing its canvas cover, wheels and plumbing — most likely taken by looters — but the essential parts, including a compressor and dryer needed to produce weapons grade anthrax, were intact.
    Military teams were conducting tests for traces of biological weapons, according to NBC News.
    Former U.N. weapons inspector David Kay told NBC there was no other possible purpose for the lab. “This is it,” he said.
    The New York Times, meanwhile, reported on what appears to be the same lab in its Sunday editions.
    The newspaper quoted a leader of one of the teams of experts as saying the laboratory could be used for medicinal and peaceful purposes, as well as for making deadly germs for weapons. The paper quoted the unidentified special forces officer as saying that Iraq’s failure to disclose the site showed that the ousted regime had violated U.N. disarmament demands.
    “The failure to disclose such equipment is a clear violation of United Nations sanctions and an indication of ill intent,” the Times quoted the team leader as saying.
    Despite U.S. claims that Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction, none have been found since American-led forces seized Baghdad and toppled the regime a month ago. Many of Saddam’s elite units failed to mount a credible resistance, leading to suspicions that some of them may be trying to reorganize.
    The possible find also comes as the 75th Exploitation Task Force directing the search for weapons of mass destruction is making plans to head home in June, The Washington Post reported.

Last week, the Pentagon reported the discovery of another suspected mobile lab. That lab was scrubbed with a bleach-like substance to remove any possible trace of biological weapons, officials said, but was capable of producing them.

The scary thing is your right......they HAVE NOT FOUND THEM.....Don;t drink water for the tap.

#16     May 12, 2003
  7. spending 80billion on iraq war, plus who knows how much more to rebuild it all

let's not forget that 9/11 wouldn't have happened if bush's daddy and retard friends hadn't supported OBL 20 years ago

sorry -- it's the truth

#17     May 12, 2003
  8. LMAO this is an administration that had powell tell the UN had TOTALLY UNQUESTIONABLE PROOF from satellite tracking of such things and when the time comes to go get this stuff, they're waving their dicks in the wind with no WMD to be found, aside from a couple of deserted trucks...

if their evidence was really credible, they wouldn't have needed powell to make the claims to the UN...

hans blix has said this whole thing is bullshit and accused the US/GB of planting WMD

it's laughable that people still think there is some cave full of weapons grade plutonium in the desert

20 years from now people will still think its there

but then again, people think that they've been abducted by aliens, so i guess there's really no difference between the two

#18     May 12, 2003
  9. The truth according to who????
    Last time I checked OBL bombed our WTC in the early 90's.....No response from us sent the wrong message don;t you think?
    Ask Clinton himself...he said recently that he made mistake not taking him out when he had it all lined up....Clinton said this, not me.

80 billion for the war that has secured our National security, lowered as prices by 40 cents per gallon and most importantly, will save american lives? How much would you be willing to spend to prevent 9-11 form happening if you could hypothetically go back and prevent it?

#19     May 12, 2003
  10. back to the thread -- what is the deal with JOHN SNOW???

(and his flip-flop on deficits is hilarious at best and scary at worst -- thanks for the info)

#20     May 12, 2003