Jack Schwager interview with Matt Z

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MattZ, Apr 30, 2019.

1. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I interviewed the legendary Jack Schwager, famous author of Markets Wizards, Hedge Fund Market Wizards and Market Sense and Nonsense. In this interview, Jack addresses the traits of successful traders and the steps they take to manage their trades. Jack goes over real-life examples of traders he interviewed and shares their experiences to identify what it takes to master the art of trading and investing.

I hope you will enjoy this: Jack Schwager Interview

dealmaker, rohan2008, Baron and 7 others like this.
  2. ktmtrader

ktmtrader

Matt, are those Bruce & Booth glasses?

3. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Me: where did you buy these glasses.?
    Wife: WHAT?
    Me: The glasses I am wearing, where did I get them?
    Wife: ask the glasses!
    Me: Seriously, they are asking me on a trading forum what glasses I am wearing!
    Wife: Seriously?
    Me: Yes!
    Wife: why are they asking you?
    Me: I don't know. you want to join the forum and ask the guy?
    Wife: No! Does it not say on the glasses the maker?
    Me: It says Made in Taiwan!
    Wife: The other arm!
    Me: Oh says "Jil Sander"
    Wife: are we done?

@ktmtrader It's Jil Sander.

dealmaker, Dolemite, userque and 3 others like this.
  4. Wow! May I ask if you are a Market Wizard yourself? Please don't be humble.

MattZ likes this.
  5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Market Wizards are exceptional people who run funds, hedge funds, and were able to scale their methods to large AUM (assets under management). Today's Wizards's are Ray Dalio, Carl Icahn, and others who have managed to be consistent over a large period of time. So I am sorry, I can not tell you that I can equate myself with such talents.

However, I can tell you that I do have practical, real-time, trading experience. I have helped traders design methods, improve risk management, and find technological solutions for rather complex and simple issues that traders have encountered. Prior to establishing Optimus (2004), I worked in many capacities that allowed me to see trading from a few angles besides just being a retail broker. I do my best to share practical knowledge with our customers, and the trading community. Thanks for watching the interview and I hope you enjoyed it.

6. %%
    Amazing; i used social media also!! But almost all of them, in tech ETFs LOL-LOL:D:DThanks
    I also like his Tech Analysis Book/plenty of charts; even though many of those patterns dont work much in stocks.[For the same reasons oil has no dividends+ has no earnings , like some tech stocks. LOL]:cool::cool:

dealmaker and MattZ like this.
  7. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I too saw some quants develop algos for twitter scanning to gauge market sentiment. But, this has to be very advanced algo as it has to scan very specific phrases, hashtags, etc. But, it could be an edge if you do it right.

dealmaker and murray t turtle like this.
  8. %%
    I listened to it all, in 2 parts, slower than average, most likely. Good reminder on M Marcus i did not remember him blowing up both accounts LOL....... I did remember him Praying//Answer/Fiddler on the Roof Drama LOL:D:D.Even though CA is more of a roller coaster than most RE markets; he had an amazing track record there also. Lost about 95% or 100% of many homes/investments; emotional trading, he noted ...............................................................................................

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

qlai, murray t turtle and MattZ like this.
  10. %%:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D

#10     May 4, 2019