Jack Hershey's trading methods

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by cnms2, May 23, 2006.

1. billp

billp

Thanks cnms2. Got it

#31     May 25, 2006
  2. cnms2

cnms2

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">For learning purposes, let's pick a few stocks, analyze them, make up trading plans, and execute'em. We'll compare notes.

Suggest any stock and give your opinion!

I'll do my analysis, and if it makes sense, I'll trade them with real money. I don't think that any stock, at any time is tradable. Making this judgement is part of our specific trading methodology.
    </font>

#32     May 25, 2006
  3. Heres some more of those rockets thats dont work.

#33     May 25, 2006
  4. You can see that I fudge a bit on entries and exits but that comes with experience but they are there on the indicators. I am posting this stuff so some of you might want to consider things before you let these detractors dissuade you from finding out for yourself about whether Jacks stuff works or not.

#34     May 25, 2006
  5. cnms2

cnms2

Thanks! I was just thinking to ask you for a chart... :)

So you use the Stochastic (5,2,2) (can't see it on your 5 minute chart). You enter on bullish crossover of the MACD (15,3,6), and %D crossing up the 80%, with raising volume, and exit on the %K crossing down the 80%, or volume diminishing?

Do you take your signals intrabar, or you wait for the bar closure?

#35     May 25, 2006
  6. cnms2

I will pm you. I am pretty much done posting here. I just wanted to throw out some evidence so that people will have two points of view to consider.

#36     May 25, 2006
  7. A few "fudged" (your word) entries and exits is certainly strong "evidence" (again your word) to consider against a 516 page thread:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35915
    And extensive backtesting of hundreds of trades:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1078242#post1078242

#37     May 26, 2006
  8. cnms2

cnms2

#38     May 26, 2006
  9. Some days are better than others. Two early washes and one small winner. Was in a scalp mode this morning as I dont trust two up days in a row but you never know. The first two rockets might not be apparent but both macd and sto started the day over the lines. Funny how these things keep working as they dont backtest out too well.

#39     May 26, 2006
  10. Heres the chart

#40     May 26, 2006