Jack Hershey's Methodologies (SCT & PVT)-Good Bad or Ugly

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sappjason, Feb 28, 2010.

Do Jack Hershey's Methodologies warrant serious study?

1. Fantastic-Jack's methodologies warrant the full attention of all traders (both new and professionals

26 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Good-Jack's methodologies are good and should be studied to enhance trader profitability.

10 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Average-Jack's methodolgies are really no better or worse than any other methodology.

13 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Poor-Jack's methodologies are poor (or inferior) and really do not provide the means for a trader to

18 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Horrible-Jack's methodologies are potentially damaging and a waste of time and money to even conside

171 vote(s)
    71.8%
  1. Would you please elaborate some time on how to decipher accumulation and distribution in a stock? When monitoring volume in futures, I am able to spot the A/D. Unfortunatly, I am unable to use the same procedure I use for futures as there are a lot of block trades etc, that mess up speficific volume tracking in stocks. Thankyou.

#21     Mar 2, 2010
  2. Jack, you're confusing apples with oranges and seem to have forgotten a few things.

You can't say I could correct what you claim is an error in a backtest of method A by testing method B.

As I've said, my backtest was of buying your "0 to 7 turn" as described in "Catch up with Tomorrow's Paper Today" on 1000 stocks from 2000 to 2005, using spydertrader's code for the scoring and exiting 5 days later. That's it.

Also, your comment about the paper being "from some site somewhere" implies you're somehow distancing yourself from it. Have you forgotten that you vouched for it?

#22     Mar 2, 2010
  3. misleading newbies, if you are a newbie, i can tell you right now
    this method does not work in the markets.

#23     Mar 2, 2010
  4. Nope. I'm certainly not a newb. But, please explain how you "know" that these methods do not work in the markets?

Jason

#24     Mar 2, 2010
  5. A good method is simple.
    Buys on fear, sells on greed. Keeps a check on the long term.

This dumb method is buying in between range, out of range, breakouts, dips,
    In fact, its buying everything and selling everything.
    What do you think?
    Are you a market maker?

#25     Mar 2, 2010
  6. For the current group being mentored. This is an example of a PM buy to use cash recently made available on an AM exit and for compressing the hold cycle as a way to increase the exponent of the compound interest formula.

What may been seen here is an IBGS during the first leading volume increase late in the day.

By picking off the price in the PM the hold period is reduced to two days. See the recent postings on RNOW where the 2R is being used to shorten the interval for making the cycle move.

#26     Mar 2, 2010
  7. I agree with you that a good method is simple. However, I must add that my methodology (albeit simple to understand), took me YEARS to fully understand how to properly optimize and fully automate.... It was a GIGANTIC undertaking for me. Also, even though it's simple, there isn't a chance in hell that you could fully trade it by hand.

In regards to Jack's methodology (to be honest), I haven't taken the time to fully understand either PVT or SCT. But, if I (and my partner) can prove that it's worth the investment of time to study, then study we shall......

Also, with that said, if Jack has anything worth merit that is somewhat simple to quantify, I won't have a problem proving or disproving it's merit. If it's not profitable, then I can tweak the hell out of it until it's either profitable (or I prove to myself that it's no longer worth it).

Jason

#27     Mar 2, 2010
  8. This may (or may not) come as a surprise to you, but I don't have a clue in hell as to what you are saying. Well, I have a clue...... But, that's OK for now.

Jason

#28     Mar 2, 2010
  9. Why would you study something that never produced any results , study gnome, or AMT4SWA or my favourite dollarcostavg (love you man)
    Many of them have posted trades that were profitable.
    would you study tony robbins just cause he writes great books on success?
    ridioclous, one look at his stuff and I know it doesn't work.

#29     Mar 2, 2010
  10. Jack,
    What do you mean with this sentence? I'm mostly referring to the "failure in negotiations" part.

At this point there is a mutual agreement that this will not be happening due to a failure in negotiations.

With whom did I negotiate?

Jason

#30     Mar 2, 2010