Jack Hershey's Drill number 1

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Chicken Little, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citizen Oddiduro, thanks. Do I understand your post to mean that in the application of channels to entries and exits, all that counts is the proximity of price to the channel extremes and "good" volume behavior? (Ignoring for the moment FTTs.) Sockie.

#111     Jul 31, 2006
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

An unexpected answer, but it make alot of senseswhen I think about it. I have plenty of Connie and Gann stuff, and back in the days when I just started I read a Murphy TA book, but I didn't collect anything else from John. What specific aspect of their work should I concentrate on? As you know these authors cover just about anything that's related to market and then some.

#112     Jul 31, 2006
  3. Yeah, but unlike Jack, they don't build on NLP.

#113     Aug 1, 2006
  4. Well Jack touches on time stops, volume of sales, and fibonacci points through the use of the stochastics, so maybe I would start there. When I began reading his stuff, that is what resonated with me right away.

With Jack's method, you have to be able to wash. Stay in the trade until the reason for entry is no longer there, then get out.

Search for APA and for IF1, IF2.

#114     Aug 1, 2006
    Sprout likes this.
  5. That is it precisely. If the guassian is going according to what it should do in the trend, then all is well. Otherwise, all is not well.

#115     Aug 1, 2006
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

if reading his stuff = understanding his method then I should have master it looong time ago but thank for some pointer anyway.

#116     Aug 1, 2006
  7. Thank you, Citizen Oddiduro! Continuing to play straight man (easy for us priapic Greeks), permit me ask the next level of channel question. In identifying and deciding to reverse at an FTT, do you consider only price in relation to the channel, or are there other factors?

(Thank you for your good humor in preserving the Jackean spelling of "guassian".)

(And lest you think that I am not a serious trader by posting during the session, I am in my "greyout" period when I take no trades and relieve the terrible stress of making money by trolling ET. I perfected the algorithm which defines "greyout" with extensive forward testing and great loss of funds.)

May the god smile upon you.

#117     Aug 1, 2006
  8. You're welcome.

Again, we can dissect some charts if you wish.

Best
    Oddi

#118     Aug 1, 2006
  9. I am aware of no other factors, if I am reading your question correctly.

#119     Aug 1, 2006
  10. You read me, and I read you. And in my experience that is correct. Now for something subtle: does Jack (or you) say anything about how to trade an iceberg when price breaks out of the channel in the direction of the trend? (I promised you disingenuous questions.)

#120     Aug 1, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.