Jack Hershey?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by matador04, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Mr. Zones, you are the dubious heritor of Mr. Hershey's disloyal opposition, the others having died ignominiously and unlamented of terminal frothing apoplexy. I believe that your most credible course of action as the bearer of that ignoble mantle is to change your style and to critique specifics of Mr. Hershey's posts. I recommend that you close your eyes, point a finger at any sentence in one of Mr. Hershy's posts, and make a well-reasoned rebuttal (no pun indented) of it. I shall be standing by as Mr. Hershey's second to decry foul play.

#11     Dec 4, 2009
  2. The incognito of Jack is relevant to the insidious menage.

Even tripod methods defy Hershey in the extremes of price excursion. I know, I tutored under Jack and was inculcated in the mindthink needed to crave gains.

Thanks Jack.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    3 not Jack

#12     Dec 5, 2009
  3. Very clever to use Prof. Irwin Corey. For those not old enough to remember him, he gave mock interviews like:

"Professor Corey, do you believe in sex before marriage?"

"Not if it delays the ceremony!"

But Mr. Hershey is not nearly that funny.

#13     Dec 5, 2009
  4. Welcome back.

- Spydertrader

#14     Dec 5, 2009
  5. I have been under the opinion from a few days back that you were an alias of his/his supporters.

Ignoring the fact that he several times, was "leaving ET forever" + the huge number of those in opposition of his claims based on his rambles + the fact that he makes high claims and always ran away from the many asking proof,

One almost only has to pick a thread he was seriously involved in, and he rebuts himself. Many of his threads contain the rebuts from others you claim to seek.

Unless you are capable of looking at him independently, rather than drooling over him, there is not much point in discussing this.

#15     Dec 5, 2009
  6. Try me, Mr. Zones. Pick any element of Mr. Hershey's teachings which you disagree with, be it characterological, theoretical, or epistemological, and I will be happy to debate it with you dispassionately, sans drooling. My suggestion for starters would be to debate the proposition, "Resolved, that Todd Billis is the grandson of Luther Billis." Begats are important in Mr. Hershey's world, as one can clearly see given his pride in his own history. Class always tells.

#16     Dec 5, 2009
  7. Redneck

Redneck

TZ,

If you’ll permit me Sir….

FS,

Claims to be “always” in the market,

Claims to be “always” on the right side of the market

No use of stop losses/ or risk management (obviously because of above)

Admittedly I am not the smartest apple in the bunch by a long way – but unless guru really is – there ain’t no way in hell…..

RN

#17     Dec 5, 2009
  8. You always disclaimer this but then you always seem to try and educate everyone on a multitude of topics anyways.

Not trying to start a war of words here, but just sharing an observation :)

PS You sound knowledgeable, have more confidence in yourself

#18     Dec 5, 2009
  9. Ah, so Mr. Zones has a champion in Mr. Neck. Let us address "always in the market." Procedurally, you will agree, this is easy to do. I assume that you question whether one can actually make money that way. Clearly on a timescale of months, one can, reversing at bubble blowoffs on the upside and at excesses of panic on the downside. I even believe you can do it on a timescale of weeks, using our revered Mr. MurrayTTurtle's 50 day ema. But can one do it intraday? I have a very accurate algorithm that finds every high and every low. If one reverses at every high and low, regardless of the timeframe, the system is a big loser. So clearly the trick is to find a filter that says "reverse on this extreme but not on that one," that is, to pick the "real" highs and lows. Mr. Hershey observed and codified the P-V relation for that purpose, augmented by classical trendline and channel trading. On any time frame. For any trading instrument with sufficient liquidity. Sometimes his P-V relation is so clear as to be axiomatic. Other times, in my opinion, not. But that is probably due to a deficit of perceptual skills on my part. I think the trick that makes it all work is the bracket order waiting for breakout of congestion. Consider an up day. At the probable peak of the morning, Mr. Hershey will reverse to short. If his congestion, convergence and centering (CCC) occurs, he does not care if he is right or wrong being short. He will get right, if necessary, with the bracket trade on the CCC breakout. If CCC does not occur, he just keeps trading the P-V relation. Clearly from the journals of Mr. Hershey's adherents, this is not always an easy thing to do, especially on a narrow range day. That is what separates the Nwbprops from the Spydertraders. Can I do it? I would not even try, as I have a diametrically opposed view of market action based on support and resistance. But that does not prevent me intellectually from seing the truths in the Hershey method. So can one make money "always in the market?" I can't. Doesn't sound like you can, either. Why is it so hard to believe he can? Perhaps a little faith and willing suspension of disbelief is in order. As Sam Clemens wrote, "A Christian is a man who believes in what he knows ain't so."

#19     Dec 5, 2009
  10. Redneck

Redneck

FS,

I do like the cut of your jib

Can I make money being “always in the market” – nope (does that mean it can’t be done certainly not)

However when it comes to all matters trading related – I suspend all beliefs, and take up residence in Missouri (although I do try to have an open mind)

Bracketed orders work – until they don’t… as does P/V – but I've never read his posting on this (not saying it doesn’t exist)

And I’ve never seen any risk management editorials (a very important aspect of trading)….

Aside; I wonder if admitting risk management is necessary would put a chink in one’s “armor”

BTW – I think winter has finally arrived Sir :)

RN

#20     Dec 5, 2009