Jack Hershey

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by stocktrader, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Am I missing something? What do you mean by "his students?" Have you paid for some type of course that Jack has?

#71     Mar 19, 2003
  2. Why do you have to pay to be someone's student? And if you want to know if I really paid for that, then the answer is 'yes'!
    I paid by wasting my time reading stuff that is a total gibberish hoping that the guy will finally get a clue and start talking like a human.

Let me tell you this, as a warning to those who think that the guy knows at all what he is talking about because I seriously doubt it and he did not provide any proof to the contrary. He uses words as fractals or harmonics in a way that indicates that he clearly does not know what they mean. How I am to believe that his trading methods have any merit at all, if I do know that he is off base about things that I do understand. He may bullshit me about his trading stuff and I may never catch him on that, but I know that some stuff he says makes no sense.

Why does he use all that scientific terminology he does not seem very much familiar with? I guess to impress his audience. You know, I am always leery of people like that. A good teacher is the one who says: 'look how simple it is' and not 'look how smart I sound'. It looks too me that Jack has been desperately trying to tell us how smart he is at the expense of telling us how simple it is.

#72     Mar 19, 2003

3. WORD TO YA MOTHER !! WELL SAID !!

#73     Mar 19, 2003
  4. You sound very naive to me. I don't know if Jack's advice works or not, but I realize it's coming off of a website. So I take his posts as potentially helpful tips, but no more than that. And I definitely don't become one of the man's "students" and feel slighted if what he says doen't seem to work. I use my common sense.

So I tend to think your slighting of Jack is a function of expecting someone to take you on as a student [unbeknownst to them] and provide you a fool proof system to make money trading--all for free! No matter what you think Jack has or has not actually calimed, if you believe that someone will give you that much for nothing, you're fooling yourself.

I can't prove Jack's ideas. I haven't tried to, and like I've pointed out before, backtesting in an inexact and time consuming task. But I do know that his use of at least certain terms IS CONSISTENT with gerneral trading terminology. For example, you keep on complaining about the term "fractal." A fractal is just a time frame; the idea that a system can work in any time frame. This is not a controversial or unusual. That's the way the term fractal is used in the trading world. If you don't understand that, then I don't think you've tried very hard to understand what's being written. Because I'm no great trader, I'm not one of Jack's "sutdents" yet I know this; why don't you?

Wally_, I think you have to reel in your expectations of the trading advice you get off of the web. I think you should study trading more, because if you don't understand some pretty well accepted terms, your understanging is what's at fault, not the peron who's writing them. Finally, I think you should be careful about launching a public attack on someone--especaially one who's 70 years old.

#74     Mar 19, 2003
  5. So you refuse to share your own setups, yet you compain about someone else who is? You don't have to help other people with your trading strategies that are profitable, but you expect someone else to help you?

So why don't you take the high road and post YOUR systems and setups? Lead by example.

#75     Mar 19, 2003
  6. Trane

Trane

Wally I have to ask, as it has been bugging me for awhile now, but are you also Aphexcoil?

#76     Mar 19, 2003
  7. mojo59

mojo59

#77     Mar 19, 2003
  8. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Whatever your take on Jack,
    ....... ( and I don't know what to make of him either )
    Ya gotta admit, He is one "Provocative" Character.

I've never seen anyone create such an uproar or occupy so many
    Posts & Posters as Jack Hershey.

It is entertaining, and ya must admit,
    wouldn't it be "really something" to be able to talk like Jack.

I applaud Jack for his "Uniqueness"... Here's to ya Jack.

Who's on first ?

#78     Mar 19, 2003

9. Obviously you weren't here for Mr. Market.

#79     Mar 19, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Clearly you've never heard of aphexcoil or gordon gekko. Hershey is small potatoes.

--Db

#80     Mar 20, 2003