Jack Hershey

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by stocktrader, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Dang, you're onto me! Actually, my logical de-noiser algorithm is a two-way trip through Babelfish, from English to Spanish and back.

#61     Mar 19, 2003
  2. Tampa... is there an anger managment clinic anywhere near your home or office? Cause bro you could benefit from a few sessions...

This is a trader community and thus people come to share ideas and debate issues regarding the markets and trading. You got a problemo with that... go sign on to WebMD or Yhoo!

:D

Ice:cool:

#62     Mar 19, 2003
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

darn...how could I missed something so obvious like that :D

#63     Mar 19, 2003
  4. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

LOL..........I knew them Commies would finally git us !!!

#64     Mar 19, 2003
  5. Someone posts insights into his systems and gets insulted?

1- I'm no master trader, but I have been able to follow a lot of what Jack says. No, he doesn't post the EasyLanguage code, but do you really expect him to? No I haven't backtested because backtesting is a lot of work. And anyone who's actually tried to backtest a mechanical system knows that there are so many variables that it still leads to more ?'s.

2- Nobody makes any guarantees. Read the info., learn, ask a few ?'s. That's about all you're entitled to. Jack is not selling a service of any kind, so you have no rights to anymore than he offers.

3- Ignore him if you don't like him, but after reading a lot of Jack's posts, I see no reason to insult the man. And it is also very disrepectful to all of the people here who like having Jack around.

4- It just seems like some people are expecting the Holy Grail posted for them--complete with certificate of authenticity. This isn't going to happen.

So anyone who thinks they are going to read a post on a web forum with a backtested, imensely profitable trading system is deluding themselves. Do the work yourself. If you don't have the time & expertise then work @ getting them.

#65     Mar 19, 2003
  6. Sorry, but the most important point here was somehow missed by you and that is the promises of riches that Jack makes to his students. Pretty round numbers depending on the level of expertise in his methods that to most of us are far from being easy to grasp anyway, but that's a different thing. The man is 70 years old. At his age I would expect him to know what it means to be responsible for one's words unless he wants us to believe that he is senile.

I do not think anyone really tries to insult him. I would rather say that many of us feel insulted that someone pretends that he knows something that eludes most of us, and obviously cannot prove it.

Are you saying that we should not expect any proof at all? I disagree. I would not expect any proof from him if he did not make the claims that you can make money (and he even said how much) using his methods. He made such claims and we want the proof, not to mention that we also want to understand him.

#66     Mar 19, 2003
  7. jvbraun

jvbraun

I am the "programmer in SF" that Jack mentions.

> I bought airline tickets through August to transfer the stuff to a
    > programmer in SF. Because i could not meet his requirement
    > that i dig them out by x date so he could use time available he
    > declined to turn them into software.

Jack, I realize that you are into reframing things due to the NLP. As a suggestion that may make you smile, consider that I am grounded in reality.

We discussed the project of working on the material on Feb 19th or so. You said that you would get the material to me ASAP. I gave you my fax number as well.

I never "declined to turn them into software" nor put on you a "requirement that i dig them out by x date".

If you wish to be accurate, you may certainly say that I was excited to work on the project, and that I was laboring under the apprehension that you were going to send me something ASAP. You may also say that I sent e-mails that indicated when I would have useful chunks of time to work on the problem. You may also say that I lost patience after a couple of weeks and basically blew you off in e-mail.

You omit that I voluntarily contacted you to try to help after Dan mentioned that your other IBM programmer had fallen through. You also omit your distinct lack of follow-through. It's nice that you "bought airline tickets through August", but you somehow forgot to tell me that "ASAP" meant "6 months later".

The offer still stands to help you. However, if you wish help from me, you will probably need to adjust your communications skills.

#67     Mar 19, 2003
  8. I could give you many insights like that. I have many setups that would rival Jack's in terms of simplicity and effectiveness. I do not share them because I do not have time to do so. I do not have time to elaborate on many details that people would probably like to know. It's great that Jack does so, but it's one thing to share insights and another to make claims that has yet to be verified. Not to mention that his insights are completely lost on most of us and it's not that we do not want to understand them, it is rather that Jack somehow prefers to put them in the most nebulous of ways...

#68     Mar 19, 2003
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

#69     Mar 19, 2003
  10. okwon

okwon

#70     Mar 19, 2003