Jack Hershey

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by stocktrader, Mar 19, 2003.

1. I have noticed that Jack Hershey has started posting on ET quite a lot in the last couple of months. Over the last three or four years I have read several of his posts on different forums but I am still unsure if his methodologies are as profitable as he claims. Although he seems to try his best to answer people’s questions and appears to be trying to help people I can’t help but feel that if his stuff really worked then he or one of his students would be able to explain things in a far simpler fashion.

I guess what I am asking is the following question, are there any people here on ET who have used Jacks methods (either for day trading futures or swing trading stocks) for a few years and have found his methodologies to be sound and enable one to make the kind of consistent profits Jack says are possible?

Jack makes some extraordinary claims as to the returns one can make using his systems, but there is very little evidence to support these claims. The same goes for the claims he makes about himself, he has written some pretty amazing things about himself which if true would single him out at a truly remarkable trader and probably worthy of having a book written about his life story, however I am not sure if any of this stuff is true, or if based on truth but wildly exaggerated.

Jack if you are reading this, I hope you do not take offence at this posting, but over the last few years I have read thousands and thousands of posts on financial message boards and I have never come across a character even remotely like you. You are either a trading genius or you are living in a world where you have difficulty differentiating between fantasy and reality. I have got to admit I am totally confused as to which of these two you are, but perhaps some other posters on this site may be able to shed some light on you and then I will either make a big effort to read through all your posts and learn as much about your trading techniques as I possibly can, or else I will put you on ignore and not look at anymore of your posts.

2. Rather long first post...

3. LOL LOL YES JACK IS LIVING IN FANTASY LAND , BUT YOU WILL TO WHEN U REACH 70 YRS OLD !! :D :D

FANTASY LAND = SENILE

4. gentlemen:

Please visit my personal thread:

Has anyone ever heard of this firm?

Jack use to trade for Shill Securities if I am not correct...

5. Has anyone ever heard of this firm?
    SHILL Securities, Inc?

Im thinking of joining them....I don't consider myself a very large trader, i only do about 500,000- 1,000,000 shares per day...I've never had a losing trade in my life and i trade with about 50 million in buying power....Last year I grossed about 10 million in profits but i don't like the way they are treating me ..I wish I had some other option but nobody seems to want me. .what s the best deal out there? Does anyone know anything about Shill Securities? I heard they have the best system, the lowest prices and the best managers....Im thinking of trying them but Im waiting to get your feed back first.

6. I have read some of Jack's post... and they all give me a headache... to this day I still don't understand what he is talking about..

--MIKE

7. I find it pretty amazing that the name "stocktrader" was not already taken before now.

and no, I can't help you with your question regarding Jack as I have tried reading some of his stuff but just cannot get a handle on anything he is talking about, trading or otherwise.

8. Geeshh...

what's up with this post?

You openly attack Jack and then casually say the following...

"Jack if you are reading this, I hope you do not take offence at this posting".

Of all the crap above...all you had to say is this...

"Are there any people here on ET who have used Jacks methods (either for day trading futures or swing trading stocks) for a few years and have found his methodologies to be sound and enable one to make the kind of consistent profits Jack says are possible?"

That's it.

But no...instead...if anything...

your thread is going to create either a bunch of new ET members with less than a few posts under their belts saying it works versus a bunch of new ET members with less than a few posts under their belts saying it doesn't work along with numerous pages of other stuff that doesn't answer your question...

maybe that is your other goal with this thread.

Tacky post that could have accomplish everything you ask without all the other crap I consider to be personal attacks.

The next time a trader at ET wonders why so many traders don't like to share their trade setups (strategies)...

it's threads like this that will easily provide an answer to that question.

P.S. Get off your lazy butt and test his strategies yourself (realtime simulator so that you don't risk any of your own money) and come back at a later date and post your results...

that'll have more impact than the lame way your currently trying to do it.

Surely there's someone here at ET that understands how to properly backtest that'll be able to test Jack's stuff?

NihabaAshi

9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Very often, people are unwilling to admit that they don't understand something because they don't want to appear stupid. This is particularly true in this case when so many people are so grateful for the enlightenment that these posts supposedly provide.

Perhaps someone who has been enlightened by these posts would volunteer to explain them. If nobody can explain them, then perhaps there's nothing there.

--Db

10. I used Jack's System and it SUCKED!!! I lost my fortune, i lost my home and then my wife!!!! Thanks alot Jack Mehoff!!!!

#10     Mar 19, 2003