Jack Hershey, why won’t you simplify ??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inf000, May 7, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Something from history books.

Most people in this world know about Antonio Stradivari famous violin maker. He was a pupil in Nicolas Amati shop. Amati recognized Stradivari talent and pushed him in many ways to excel.

One of the main part of making a great violin is making and applying varnish. Amati never revealed his formula to Stradivari in its entirety, thus making him to look for one himself. We all know the end result.

Regards,
    redduke

#41     May 7, 2007
  2. It only seems complicated to you folk because you're not intelligent enough to understand it.

Any truly bright newbie who puts the effort in will master it and, over time, do extremely well.

#42     May 7, 2007
  3. infooo

infooo

hey Kiwi

its called trend following and money management

you know..... just if someone asks you :p

#43     May 7, 2007
  4. That, plus speaking in riddles keeps his followers hanging on his every word for more clues.

#44     May 7, 2007
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

I am not using Jack's method. But if someone new stumbles upon it, it is a great method to learn, even if it will not be used later. There are a lot of price/volume discussions on method's threads which are of great importance.

In a very simplle form Jack's method is continuous trading within chanel on 5 min chart combined with volume formations for each time bar. There are several addtional indicators which help in seeing turning points. That's it, what is so hard to understand???

#45     May 7, 2007
  6. Tums

Tums

There are trend traders.
    There are counter trend traders.

You read one signal after another, and you have SCT.

There are several addtional indicators which help in seeing turning points. That's it, what is so hard to understand???

#46     May 7, 2007
  7. They'd get a lot more by reading Curtis Faith's new book. At least it's written in English and is real.

#47     May 8, 2007
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Many roads can lead to Rome.

Is the book worth reading for exprerienced folks? Or is it the same about money managment and sticking to your plan yada yada? By the way I beleive Curtis was 70% down at one point during turtle experiment, and then climed back. This style of trading is definitely not for me.

#48     May 8, 2007
  9. Including the long and winding ones that occasionally go in circles along the way.

#49     May 8, 2007
  10. Definitely worthwhile for quantitatively minded traders of any level who are grounded in reality. Noobs who want to make 3X daily range without losses should stick to Jack Hershey. Don't know what Curtis' max DD was but I do know he made over $30 million, which I doubt anyone else on ET has done.

#50     May 8, 2007