Jack Hershey PVT System Testing (moderated)

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by vikana, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trader666: I think that's also a very good idea. But let's not intermingle PVT and the "0 - 7 system". If you like, you can start another thread and posts your collective results in that. I'll try to moderate that one as well, or maybe my co-moderator can assist.

I would really prefer to simply document the details of PVT.

#21     Jun 30, 2008
  2. Here are the ground rules found in the OP.

Forum dedicated to analysis and testing of Jack's PVT System.

To avoid all the usual banter associated with JH threads, I've agreed to heavily moderate this thread. Only content related to PVT, testing of PVT or clarification of PVT details are allowed.

Temporarily, I am taking you off ignore.

there are two methods in science for checking out stuff.

One is called analysis and the other is called synthesis.

Here we are dealing with content, testing and clarification as these activities relate to PVT.

FYI, PVT is a system and, as such, it has a structure, a process going on within the structure, and the process produces results.

As a matter of fact (this means that something has happened and the happening is tangible), there are several ATS versions of PVT that are used on various exchanges around the globe.

What "there are several ATS versions of PVT that are used on various exchanges around the globe." means is that individuals and teams of individuals have used the precepts of PVT and converted them to programs in code and those coded programs are in use where the creators have chosen to make use of them. these people are not exclusively based in the US.

You may or may not be aware of what I have stated. My statement to you is one made for the third purpose of this thread, i. e., clarification of PVT. This is a direct communicatin to you about the status of PVT that came about as a consequence of analysis od PVT and testing of PVT that was done to produce various versions of ATS types of PVT expressions.

This thread is going to be about the analysis, testing and clarification of PVT.

The people mentioned above have made contributions to PVT by doing coding to produce programs of high utility for making money.

This avenue is open to anyone and all of these "anyones" who have done work on the PVT system have gotten results that are in correspondence to the work they did.

In you case, we have asked you for years to post your code of the work you have done so it can be repaired in some way to get it to perform as do the other versions of PVT that have been coded. You have failed to post the code you produced.

You have induced vikana to agree to code for your audience. He has begun to ask questions to "clarify" and I have responded to each of his questions.

I have deleted the rest of your post from consideration since I am not going to give it any consideration.

I do not expect you to change your ways and post the code you created. I do not expect you to come up with a description of your equity curve either. I don't expect you to qualify it as to its statisitical significance since that is not a possiblity.

This is going to be a serious scientifically oriented forum and I am going to put you back on ignore the next time you step out of line.

#22     Jun 30, 2008
  3. Your request for "a strict set of rules for automation" is avialble from any formal or informal programmer education resource.

People train formally and informally to acquire the skills for doing automation of systems or for just doing independent rules whch are known "script or "snippets". you will find an abundance of these at wealthlab as they relate to PVT.

Should you have been asking about rules for automating PVT, those have been provided and, as a consequence, several ATS versions of PVT have been created and are in use as successful ATS's.

either way your request and what you think is a requirement has been provided and what was provided has resulted in successful operating ATS's.

Here in this thead the dicussion is related to analysis, testing and clarification of PVT.

From this point on absolutely refrain from addressing me in any way that can be construed as anything but positive and thankful. Do not ever make any personal comments whatsoever regarding anyone contributing to this forum.

#23     Jun 30, 2008
  4. Jack, it's great that you're participating here but that doesn't give you license to rewrite the past so I need to set the record straight... some of my analysis has been with Spydertrader's code and I've pointed that out many, many times, including to you directly. I could go on but would prefer to look forward, not backward.

#24     Jun 30, 2008
  5. Got it and will see what I can do to help along those lines. As for my idea about the price volume thread, I'll consider doing that separately after this.

#25     Jun 30, 2008
  6. For what its worth, I regard your above comment as out of line.

PVT is a successful trading system for those capable of using it. This capability that they have is a consequence of using many things, among other things many many contributions by Spydertrader.

I have read your past posts.

"some of your analysis"... if you used spyder's coding, was then successful.

"some of your analysis"... led you to where you got and the equity curve you posted.

Here in this thread we are not going to allow the latter "some of your testing" to go without repairing it to get it to a minimum level of quality.

Decorum does not allow me to address, yet once again, the work you did that was below the minumum level of quality.

As I stated you are not going to post your coding efforts. You did not post anything remotely at the minimum level of quality to "clarify" what the equity curve represented.

There will be no such "unclarified" curves posted in this thread.

One more substandard comment like this one directed at me or one more vague misrepresentation like the one above and you go back on ignore.

This thread is not going to be some substandard and sophomoric litany of non scientific or incorrect coding to produce non informative vague charts.

Also it is not going to be a phishing expedition of any sort.

Many different sources have produced and are using successful ATS versions of PVT. Your sub standard non published coding has not met the minimum level of quality for many reasons and these reasons are published and irrefutable.

As you know this thread is being conducted as stated to:

1. To eradicate once and for all the prior posts on backtesting the PVT trading where the backtesting posted in your forum was not backtested by you to confirm its faults.

The "you" in the above is a reference to vikana. You, trader666 posted in a thread under his moderation and he, vikana, failed to cornfirm by doing "analysis", "testing" and "clarification" (vikana's words) that what you did was out of order and violated the rules of integrity and science.

You are not going to continue to perpetuate your past lack of honest and scientific performance.

WE are finished with that era of ET.

#26     Jun 30, 2008
  7. This should be interesting. Hope it works out well for Jack. Would be a fun turn of events.

#27     Jun 30, 2008
  8. This endeavor is generating more PMs than anything I've seen in a long time :)

Thanks to my co-moderator for helping with keeping it clean.

Jack has now produced the initial writeup. I still don't have a handle on the details, and will post a list of things I'd like to see further qualified.

Lets not spend time beating each other up about writing style, lack of detail etc. The whole point of this thread is qualify everything.

Also, thank you for the supporting PMs. There are clearly a lot of people who would like to see this figured out.

#28     Jun 30, 2008
  9. I've stated many times that I cannot and have not been able to make sense of JH's methodology.

My donation to this project is to get to the specifics and test what comes out of it. I have no idea what will come of it - but learning and experimenting is always worthwhile, even if not succeeding at first.

Jack has also come around and is willing to answer detailed questions. I think that's all good

#29     Jun 30, 2008
  10. Attached is a block diagram of the overall logic blocks of PVT.

It is similar to past illustrations and provides a scope and bounds.

#30     Jun 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.