Jack Hershey Method: Channels

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Chicken Little, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Thanks Oddiduro.

Your feedback as to where I may be misstating things would be helpful. If channels make 3x the daily range in the ES then I want to know how to use them for that purpose.

#11     Jun 8, 2006
  2. CL. My "angle" as you put it is simple and oft repeated. The study of Jack is heuristic. Further, I would wish that all of ET, and all that I trade against, would follow him.

#12     Jun 8, 2006
  3. Help people who have the mental capability to understand......

This thread is another clear example of the haves and have nots and specifically how they act.

#13     Jun 8, 2006
  4. Chicken, please keep up the good work! Maybe you can start a few other threads concerning Jack's demanding methods? Or could you even post some of his cooking recipes, too?

#14     Jun 8, 2006
  5. Oddiduro:

These channels are drawn using the following logic:

Two pairs of bars constitute the minimum channel.
    On a new channel the first line is drawn in the new direction by connecting point 1 to the min/max of the bar pointing in the new direction. Then a parallel line is placed from the min/max of bar 2.

For example, the channel is downward sloping i.e., as x increases y decreases. On the first bar to exceed the high of the previous bar a new channel is drawn. The point 1 is the low of the previous bar and the first line is drawn between the low of the previous bar and the low of the current bar. Then a parallel line is draw from the top of the current bar.

If the channel is widened, a new parallel is drawn from the min/max of the bar widening the channel.

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      127.3 KB
      Views:
    #15     Jun 8, 2006
  6. Sorry hypo, just a feeble attempt at a little word play.

hypoteneuse, angle, inestimable.

#16     Jun 8, 2006
  7. Channel widening example.

• 2.jpg
      File size:
      127.6 KB
      Views:
    #17     Jun 8, 2006
  8. Continued

• 4.jpg
      File size:
      158.6 KB
      Views:
    #18     Jun 8, 2006
  9. No its what JH produced on the Beginner rockets thread in response to a chart I posted.

#19     Jun 8, 2006
  10. afternoon

• 5.jpg
      File size:
      141.7 KB
      Views:
    #20     Jun 8, 2006