Jack Hershey in trading vs Srinivasa Ramanujan in mathematics

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OddTrader, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Here are your two trades posted over the past 2 days:

[​IMG]

#41     Jan 15, 2013
  2. thank you so much

Noting the next day's open will work as well. The way you did it, it shows the call works and plus, then some bars demonstrate it.

Do you think I would have to add the EOD net profits as they do in the P&L thread? I see all kinds of brief snippets of trading displays.

nice surge going on now; I went long on bar 53 (13:55)

reversing now to short.(14:55 bar @ lock in)

#42     Jan 15, 2013
  3. If you show p/l there will probably be someone who will not believe unless you show IRS tax returns.

:D

Just proving that your trades catch the turns will convince those for whom it is given to understand.

:eek:

#43     Jan 15, 2013
  4. This concern is in the space. Volume is very reliable and the market Pace is as you say. The pace formulae are a two month add/delete bar by bar. This IT (Intermediate Term) contextual nature can be seen clearly as overall market uncertainty. I explained today in a GTM where the bots were being sidelined.

Lately the fued on whether or not to destroy the US economy has become more sinister. The middle class, who plays fair, is getting beat up by the lack of regulation of cheaters (who dip out of the front end) who lobby with so much money.

It is way too late in the game to be able to consider a return to normalcy. This "evaporation of volume" also applies to the "evaporation of wealth".

as the daily range narrows, you can see the money velocity of profits is really shrinking. I extract capital away from Wall Street myself; as supporters of "Occupy" intellectual thinking turn to doing the same, then extracted wealth has to be stored in independent beneficial ways. Owning lithium ore is a good example.

As you say the high principle of being on the correct side of the market is a great skill to have. Cheshire cat like times.

We got to see how the US debt instruments fell in quality due to inept reasoning and abdicating responsibilities. your comment is just an incisive comment on a measurable variable which is now forcasting.

#44     Jan 15, 2013
  5. river

river

LOL--Great post, thank you. I taped your poem to my trading screen.:D

-river

#45     Jan 16, 2013
  6. river

river

Jack, bars 79, 80, and 81 formed a lateral at the end of today. How does this formation effect where we start tomorrow? Are we still “short” at the open awaiting a lateral breakout to the downside or has the “short” at the end of today ended?

I notice today is Ben Franklin’s birthday. I believe that makes tomorrow your birthday.

Happy 80th Birthday!

-river

#46     Jan 17, 2013
  7. Exactly with regard to the formed lateral.

The BO will be measured using the three step test procedure.

If one of the 11 parts of volume is not present, then an End Effect will be.

As you saw this AM, the short entry on the open lastes for several bars before an EE reversed the sentiment and concurrently rest the analysis tooling.

Yes I was the baloney born after Ban Franklin and before Robert E. Lee. Thanks for your wishes. I am partying for a few days.

#47     Jan 17, 2013
  8. river

river

Jack, if you take a break from partying could you let us know where we are in the sequences on Tuesday's open?

As I recall, I reversed on bar 78 Friday from "long" to "short". Are we still "short" on the open tomorrow morning anticipating the completion of the non-dominant move and then a resumption of the dominant move (short) to complete the sequences?

-river

#48     Jan 21, 2013
  9. YES.

#49     Jan 21, 2013
  10. river

river

Thank you.

-river

#50     Jan 21, 2013