Jack Hershey in trading vs Srinivasa Ramanujan in mathematics

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OddTrader, Jan 6, 2013.

1. heres a little pinch of architecture:

The sourcebook (Open Library)

openlibrary.org/works/OL5481761W/The_sourcebook

Dec 10, 2009 – The sourcebook by John T. Hershey; 1 edition; First published in 1981; ... {{Citation |publisher = AIA |publication-place = Washington, DC (1735 New York Ave., N.W., Washington 20006-5292) |author = John T. Hershey |url ...

#21     Jan 9, 2013
  2. Near miss.

My longest TV appearnce was with Barbara Marx Hubbard and company. Location University of Tennessee.. A lot of famous people participated. I ws an Adj Prof in architecture and the main team grad student project was designing and helping build Mud Island. LOL there is also a book , landscape oreineted and the centerfold is the 7 part architecture process for iterative refinement for which I am responsible as its creator.

The multi trailer set was transported in to do "Synergistic Convergence" a 72 hour real time video taping simultaneous broadcast.

Do searches before you post corny word groupings.

One of your colleagues thinks I ought not post and he is looking for a book on trading I should have written for one of this reasons.

#22     Jan 10, 2013
  3. Here is an example for you to not complete. After you fail to complete this back test, then tell people the information I provided was not good enough for you to use. I use it however.

The filter is PVT filter 2. You can see it here in ET or elsewhere. You can also see the Unverse the comes from the filter.

Next you use the strategy rules on the onepager entitled "unusual volume".

Many people have used ohter versiions of PVT to test it and they have usually added twist to make up for their inability to use what was suggested.

I like the way you keep baiting me.

I especially like the "not that I know of".

Most people want to test other people's systems by using the exact rules the system creator constructed. This usually doesn't happen.

Your post is mentioning YM. Why? YM is not included in the PEP application called PVT. Ym is not included in the PEP application of SCT nor SSR.

For those who will trade the open timorrow in ES, the open is long and the trend is somewhat unusual since T1 did not appear before P2.

I may start a thread. I have been asking around to specific people how to diplay a record. I feel the record can contribute to the massive shift which will be replacing the financial industry as you know it.

#23     Jan 10, 2013
  4. JH is a master of stringing along unsuspecting victims, using psychological manipulation. I wrote him off as a kook, at first.

But shreds of trading truth fall thru the network of jargon, at times, by The Guru and his disciples....

The SCT method is one of the only ways a very large trader could get paid by The Market, in proportion to their size.

SCT traders define a range, a trend, and a moment of inflection for both. These are created by large traders who manipulate the masses of naive price chasers and purposefully trigger their greed and fear, then take the other side when they finish discharging their (collective) wad.

A large trader has enough capital to create a bottom, top, continuation breakout, or s/r outcome, if they do so after the herd has run down their available capital.

This is just like how an experienced fighter will mock, feint, talk smack, or drop handz toward a less skilled opponent, triggering their attack (which the experienced will easily defend against). After this dramatic expulsion of rage, the novice gets tired and The Master picks him apart.

The tape tells this same story, for those with eyes to see.

#24     Jan 11, 2013
    #25     Jan 11, 2013
  6. No one is jealous of me.

There may be some reasons why I appear to be different and to one side of the mainstream.

I am documenting my life and how and why I did all the things that I did. I have had a very thorough series of EMDR sessions from the best. I have reecovered from PTSD over many years of doing trauma as part of a medical team.

It is an amazing experience to go through the iterative refinement to complete a valid algorithm and its three pragmatic applications.

Today I worked in tandem with a fluent person in SCT (A lawyer by training and fame). The markets are like clockwork and they flow out their events in the only way human psychology permits.

I went short today at high noon. (bar 30). LOL

"Occupy" did a wonderful selfless thing for all of you out there. The BS is going to be over this year.

#26     Jan 11, 2013
  7. :D

After putting in some time and effort it is amazing how suddenly this PVT "One pager" which in the past was just a useless graphic makes absolutely sense.

The rules for PVT are all here. There is also Spyder's Wealthlab code which you could analyse and some Excel workbooks with VB scripts. Don't ask me... I'm not a programmer.

The only thing that is arguable is that there is no clear definition which A/D formula (doesn't seem to matter) to use and how to do an automated IAS with ranking to create your hotlist from your universe which you will need for your backtest.

But maybe you are not interested in PVT but backtesting (automating) SCT? 11 volume cases, 7 quickies, 35 end effects...

#27     Jan 11, 2013
  8. The open on Monday is short a bar or so after open. Bar 81 today was on the larger bar (volume) of a stitch so it moved the nearing end of the long forward very close to an end of a trend. I'm not greedy so I am going to wait out the long ending and enter on Monday as the short begins.

I was pointing out to you that I satrted trading in 1957. By a few years later, I was detected on the radar of the SEC.

The lawyers who got the notification at the brokerage were very unhappy.

If you would just reason a little, you could think through what the implications were at that time.

My trading was real and it was unusual. This also means a record was being made in a government agency.

Image my name is Bernie Madoff. He had accounts that were monitored. BUT he gets caught because someone turned him in as a massive loser.

The SEC looks for people who are winners and the SEC knows they are cheating. These people are called traders. They are making trades that are visible to the government. The SEC is motivated to catch cheating traders.

Brokerage lawyers work with the SEC to be sure they are not aiding and abetting cheaters.

So you are like the SEC of ET. The monderators put threads I post in in chit chat. Chit chat is an ET place for people who are not what moderators want posting in regular forums. You are posting in chit chat to be able to straighten me out more and more using your belief system.

I also trade accounts for other people. They sign POA's which are standard in language for the brokerage where they have to put their accounts. I use a designated master account. The POA accounts are linked into the master account.

All these people have one thing in common, they have to spend time and money helping solve local problems.

You are different than the SEC; I do not have to hold your hand enough for you to see what is going on. The SEC, on the other hand, does hold sway with brokerage lawyers and in brokerages cheating is not allowed. Bernie's brokers knew what he was doing. That was their choice. The MLPFand B lawyers asked me what I was doing. I told them just like I told you (taking into consideration the times). The lawyers first looked to find out who I knew in the corporations I traded. I didn't know anyone.

This was like a crack in a door opening. What I was cited for would also involve others getting cited. You immediately cite another group who trades as I do. These other people are bad guys too in your opinion.

The SEC spent time and money. One particular profit taking got the SEC's specific notice. So the SEC checked out other similar traders (coattail traders). The brokers of these people were MLPF and B employees. These employees were so smart that they hyought that I as an IBM'er knew Tang Industries ws going to be selling transistors to IBM. None of this was factual and I had made a lot of money trading Tang and trading IBM.

So the SEC fined MLPF and B a lot of money. BUT I was clean and a user of TA for trading. The SEC had to retract their citations they gave to me.

No one expects you to belive what I type and what actualy happened. To believe me, you have to go into the SEC archives and read the record of the SEC which has my trading in it.

All I say is simply chit chat in ET. All the calls ovr the years by members are not real to you. Neither are the prints from those years. ET wil throw them out soon enough to make more room for newer posts.

Now it is rumored the ET is in decline. I am averred to be a cause. I post posts that are too long. And I do other things that are bad for members.

So maybe the records of my prowess that are coming up will will really wreck ET. It has to be bad for come reason.

I agree with "occupy". I am delighted to take money out of Wall Street and use it to solve local problems.

#28     Jan 11, 2013

9. I should post page 32 of the Dr Hu treatise I wrote..

#29     Jan 11, 2013
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

That's the issue, I have not seen any real time calls ever.

During your Tuscon meeting neither you nor Spyder traded even though it was one of ideas. You were just discussing movements while the market was open, no live calls.

That being said, studying the methods does prove somewhat beneficial for many. I personally use your concept of wall in my trading. It is actually very powerful.

#30     Jan 11, 2013