Jack Hershey in trading vs Srinivasa Ramanujan in mathematics

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OddTrader, Jan 6, 2013.

1. I agree.

Why would anyone compare me to a mathematician?

I'm a logicoligist.

I use the works of three primary thinkers.

Keynes for paradigm theory. and Gearge Boole for the Algebra that uses the base of logic theory.

Carnap for logic theory.

And Mandelbrot's predicessors for fractal theory.

As is known, I used Dodd, Granville to generate a complete and in kind hypothesis set. While they never said the words per se they did create the idea of how the variables of the market in a complete manner. Orthogonality is the rule in markets. The same is true in electrical fields as Maxwell stated.

I used set theory to involve the 10 cases of price and the 11 cases of volume to define the process of a trend. Exhaustively I proved the 35 End Effects surrounding the process of trends. Thus two sub sets each with unique elements comprise the whole of the dynamic operation of markets in a systemmic context.

Because of one factor, granularity, markets are in a Lego type world of mathematics as explained above. Therefore, it is natural that the operation of markets is an interlocking of fractal on a three to one basis.

I went though a BE DO HAVE process intellectually. I know where my early experiences happened and what my mind got from them. As it turned out I became enabled. I earned a lifetime of freedom so I haven't been selfish.

If I post, it is a response to a question or, in this thread's case, I rise to insults to me by others who have reasons to insult me.

Above you can read a post of what a person thinks of me. He also faults the management. I won't joke with him and fool him

He is doing what him mind allows.

Another person might take out two sheets of paper and sketch the trend elements. Next the person might construct a trend from these building blocks on a third sheet.

At what point does a person regnize that a filter can produce and end point? At what point does a person recognize a filter does or does not allow a measurement to be taken.

Look at a two bar symetric pennent; can you undrstand that the volume of the second bar does not warrant a measurement of the progress of a trend? No you cannot if you think I am an imposter. Your mind has a filter in it; I meet a criteria (one of many posted by the OP as a crackpot a part of being an imposter) so you cannot take out two sheets of paper to put down 21 sketches that form the unique collection of RDBMS elements that comprize trends.

Experience has shown that if you cannot read my posts, simply stated, you are not ready to read my posts.

On the otherhand, I have been told when rereading my posts 6 months later, they communicate an entirely different content.

All I can say is that the mind is a wonderful thing. In the process of learning in a field, as learning happens, a person wakes up one morning.

his mind is coming into conscioous focus from spending the night in unconsciousness. Unconsciousness is a busy busy time. All the unconscious perceptions of the prior day, have been processed by the mind into their places in parallel with the prior placed conscious thoughts.

before this special morning in this person's life, the sleeping tasks were never completed. But this morning they were completed.

Wakefullness causes a unique once in a liftime first occurence. It is not recognized or classified or thought about, even. It just happens and you find out later if ever.

From that point on in learning in a field, the person notices that his mind is asking leading questions. Questions that always help to strengthen the weakest portions of the spectrum so far built in the knowledge field being learned. What a mental shift this is.

So in this present book I am knocking out, I discovered to do chapters in pairs. One to introduce a subject and the next one to explain to the reder how to get the lowdown on the subject, i. e., how to put it in his long term memory spectrum.

I added sematic differentials to each of these "lowdown" chapters. The reader gets to find out where he is in learning and what he has to do drills in to learn it purposefully.

So I have a deal with the OP. He either works or he craps out. I gave him an NLP picture. He took the numbers off the items from the original. Too bad for him.

#11     Jan 8, 2013
  2. Go to NTIS for my engineering contributions. Once I had 6 consecutive citation numbers assigned. It was before the PC was invented.

#12     Jan 8, 2013
  3. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

I appear to be exactly correct in all my prognostications.

Maybe I should be a guru too.

#13     Jan 8, 2013
  4. If you have an author's agreement, then in the jargon of publishing it's called run-on copy. Copy that would be dictated into a dragon on your computer.

Try fitting the comment into the crackpot list the OP posted.

For me, I just think in dry humor and paint NLP pictures. I guess you missed the days when I did comic strips.

My best mail-in came from conservative Christians. I did an editorial on the famous semaphore symbol and they all refuted this real answer because they had suggested a false creation that served their prosethetising theme.

Its all very funny. I am so old and been so many places (figuratively speaking) any creative thing seems possible if I just step out of the box.

Making money is gong to be easy for eveyone soon. Those sit in's have worked their way into academia. researchers have figured out the 99% are correct and the place is going to stop working soon because of so much control in the hands of so few (six banks control 67% of US wealth and they spend billions per year lobbying).

We had a plitical meeting at the local movie last night on the eve of the anniversary of the rcent massacre here. Our newspaper cartoonist was there to take the edge off. today we are buying guns back and the NRA wants them resold!!!! But the cops are going to destoy them. Try buying an AR anywhere..... lol .....

anyway ....... I like the idea of taking money away from Wall Street and reshaping america for the regular guy. Everyone has a computer and a mail box. Why not go out to the box and pick up the money you need?

The bridge is either manual or automatic. To do manual you have to learn first. To do automatic, you just help solve local problems and go to the mail box.

I did one price bar of the 10. It is hard to do just one more. Lets list two more. FBP and FTP. You can or can't use the second bar for measuring volume. The symetric pennant was the same but I didn't explain the caveat. Now for 3 of the seven cases I will explain the caveat. To measure volume on the second bar, you only do it IF.....

IF is a filter from logic. You use a filter in coding. For me, I only use T/F filters. This immediately throws out all kinds of other mathematics so I do not have to be a mathematician.

I figured out the IF. That is called trading monitoring and analysis. I simply looked at the market using pieces and fifured out how the pieces fit together. I am beginning to think that no one else has thought of this.

Any one who reads my posts always has a need to get more guys up the flagpole.

Im 80 s0 I do have my head examined by request. People worry about me. It takes an hour to hook up the probes to a brain for a given test. They use a waxy substance so they don't cut your hair off. then they drag in the cable through the door. I get in a bed (its an 8 hour sleep test). Then they go for the ankle connections.

In my case they send the data out and it comes back. Naturally the report is sort of critical and demands action for my survival. they sit on the results and wait 55 days to tell me. LOL ..... Last week they let 36 hours go by and told me to report to ER so I could have a cardiac arrest test done. This time the lab data was done wrongly. LOL....

So I write what comes to mind to get a person to learn to learn and to think. It doesn't work for people who just read.

No one has ever learned to trade by reading stuff. People comment on my writing and, fortunately I was able to break into places like Google and get Google to go to me before you type my full name and then go to make BABAK's write up trap people I do not want to hear from.

reading my post cannot get a person to be a trader. More is required. In this thread we get to see the OP fail too.

#14     Jan 8, 2013
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

Thank you for your kind words. Bighog, Brooks, and Jack Hershey played a large part in my own progress from confident clueless beginner to consistently profitable trader. Their selfless sharing of knowledge provided incredible resources I used to develop a trading plan that amazes me daily.

In the words of Brooks: "It will seem unreal but it is very real."

#15     Jan 8, 2013
  6. Hi Jack, once I posted something and you responded, but it was deleted within 30 minutes. If possible, I hope I could hear a description again because I don't quite remember it. It was something I found as a byproduct, which reminded you of a project you worked on years ago.

Some more detail: someone recommended transforming price into steps. I coded that, but did not get much further in the original recommendation about researching trading strategies. However, from the exercise, I found I was able to change the steps into 1's, 0's, and -1's. Going on my own direction from there, this enabled me to write code so the computer could "see" the price movement, and allowed me to describe patterns to the computer for it to look for. With a little more code, I was able to get the computer to read and search for patterns on its own. This reminded you of a project (I vaguely recall something about plates or plating, or conductivity, but don't remember).
    I'm sorry I forgot the project's description, it sounded like an interesting project, I just thought it was cool my own hobby/work/coding was similar to an engineering project.

#16     Jan 8, 2013
  7. The OP has backed up a poster who has determined I am a crackpot.

It is okay if he thinks that.

he posted a list of my presumed characteristics as if physics and trading are the same.

sometimes people have a basis for their comments. He could be wanting to find more evidence. I gave him some leads.

As far as Justice Douglas is concerned, his wife (Joanie) mentioned that to me right offat a meeting at her offices. She ws CEO of the Bolton Institute at the time. It was diagonally across the street from the plumber's office. around 16th St.

#17     Jan 8, 2013
  8. Congrats. the granularity of markets is the windfall that one cannot expect to show up in research. For me, when I found out about how the eariest analysts of markets worked. I just got to build an algorithm.

moderators do that. They do not edit re TA though.

because it had gerunds, I converted that to a RDBMS. None of the coding languages of RDBMS had been invented and matured at the time so 1's and 0's were there as were the gerunds. Not using scalars was a requirement.

The platform I found ws built from C++ but it can be coded as a RDBMS also. If the platform is not amenable to creting a criteria, filter, formula, rule or strtegy, I just get technical help and await a new gizmo.

sorry I can't make a connection with you on the engineering. As close as I could come is refurbishing farm combine cutters (a 40% plating process using reject ping pong balls to fill in spaces in plating tanks (See Don Smith in Colby Kansas).

#18     Jan 8, 2013
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

Thanks a lot Donna. It is always a pleasure to share with positive delightful people. Jack and Liz have met you and surely wonder where you get all your energy, HA!!

"Keep on- Keeping on" to milk the cash cow.

It is all in the METHOD, it is all in how that method is implemented.

#19     Jan 9, 2013
  10. Here is what Liz did after we came off the beach in Wakaki.

She opened her ipad and it cmae on

she clicked on search on her home page.

she typed in john Hershey author

the computer outsmarted her and went to john hersey

about 7 references down it said: john hershey - books new, used and rare.

She clicked on the header.

she added what she could find to her shopping cart.

Libraries thin out their reference libraries occasionally. Used book people grab the stuff and resell it.

Try to get a book on alcohol production for example.

[PDF]
    Fuel from Farms: A Guide to Small-Scale Ethanol Production - NREL

www.nrel.gov/docs/legosti/old/519R.pdf

or even neater one of the past laps by ET

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=2557708

have a laugh...........

#20     Jan 9, 2013