Jack Hershey in trading vs Srinivasa Ramanujan in mathematics

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OddTrader, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jack Hershey in trading vs Srinivasa Ramanujan in mathematics

Are there any similarities between these two men? Or we would not know for sure until 100 years later!

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan

Ramanujan developed his own mathematical research in isolation. As a result, he sometimes rediscovered known theorems in addition to producing new work. Ramanujan was said to be a natural genius by the English mathematician G. H. Hardy, in the same league as mathematicians such as Euler and Gauss.[1].

In December 2011, in recognition of his contribution to mathematics, the Government of India declared that Ramanujan's birthday (22 December) should be celebrated every year as National Mathematics Day, and also declared 2012 the National Mathematics Year.[8][9]"

2. Jack Hershey can write very plainly when he wishes.. he mastered [how could you actually tell?] "Neuro Linguistic Programming speak" because he wants to make people suffer. I think he has a real beef in that he was doing very well trading and somebody used the SEC to come after him, probably because they wanted his intellectual property. He's getting his revenge via leaking out his intellectual property via a path of extreme pain for somebody trying to read all his posts in an effort to investigate him! It's sort of a scorched earth policy, pretty clever really...

Read up on what they tried to do to Howard Hughes, they used some crapbag of a Senator to come after him in an attempt to take Hughes' business away from him. Hughes managed to turn the tables on the Senator and destroy his career. Kudos to Hughes and Kudos to Jack!!

3. Redneck

Redneck

Give em hell Jack :)

RN

4. You are right on the mark for being you.

Your replies and wants are not interesting to me at all.

My brother was chief engineer at a Howard Hughes business. Terry treated multilaminate manufacturing machines as potato chips producers instead of plane surfaces. It really grew Hughs' business.

I never expected regulators to understand my trading or its results. My lawyers would not allow me to correct their programs so they could differentiate the good guys from the bad guys. An indirect proof allowed the regulators to understand. The solution was that it would have been impossible for me to know so many people. Today, knowing a lot of people is possible (the PC was invented) and I still am getting the same results.

I like being a crackpot in your mnd. And I like your attributing my trading success to luck. It isn't, but it makes you happy to think what you think.

Over time your judgements of me will become the absolute truth and many many people will believe what you say.

Have you ever wondered why I use my name as my handle? The reason is simple. Its so people can get in touch with me when I want them to.

5. chahineg

chahineg

Jack,

I came here today to see if you are still around this site and to thank you.

Two years ago I came here. By that time I had been trading and losing for 10 years. I had lost three fortunes ($1M in 2000, $500K in 2004 and another $500K in 2008-2009). Not all of it was original grubstake. Most of it was money already made in the market. But if I am to estimate the original grubstake lost, it would be around $600K.

I came across a journal by Nodoji, which led me to you and to Bighog. I sorted all the posts of the three of you in chronological order, printed them, and went to work.

I studied every post and tried to extract some learning from it. The readings also led me to some other great books such as Al Brook's PA books and Howard Abell's Day Trader's Advantage book.

Today, I am a profitable, and more importantly, extremely consistent, trader, thanks in a large part to the three of you.

The three of you, along with a great trader friend of mine who has been a great coach and inspiration, have turned around my trading. But of all the writings, yours were the funnest to read, the most intellectual, and the most inspiring of further thought. You are indeed a gifted mind and a gifted writer.

Given my personality, I ended up settling on a hybrid system that incorporates your Seamless trading philosophy with a degree of edge trading... and I apply it in a totally discretionary way.

To those critical guys who get stuck on every word and every detail and keep losing the forest for the trees, my advice is this: Take the high level wisdom and use it in a way that is consistent with your personality. Not everyone is hard-wired in a way that they can trade SCT style, but how about taking from SCT that you should stay aligned with strength at all time? Or if you are a stock trader, how about making sure that you stick with the four or five fastest movers in a given time period so that the opportunity cost on your time and money are the lowest?

Small insights like these alone, if you apply them with consistency, can turn you from a losing trader into a winning one.

Anyway, Jack, thank you so much. To me, you are a hero.

6. Thanks for the report on your progress. you put in a lot of work and I am glad you have a colleague to work with.

Donna (Nodoji) has made a real contribution by demonstrating her learning process and by helping answer the Q's of others. She and BH have a cool connection going.

Thanks for your compliment, as well.

I finally got stuff into a RDBMS and it turned out to be fun all along the way.

7. That's what I'm talking about... +1. You looked at the information and learned enough about it to make it your own. Kudos!

spatial likes this.
  8. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

This is the part where he's going to post 1 or 2 very obscure, no longer printed, manuscripts by one Jack Hershey from long ago time.

I have a theory that once upon a time Jack was an engineer of sort. He has long lost his marbles (or is simply a very elaborate hoax).

9. For those who search stuff.

Begin your search in the correct place.

Liz is aquiring copies of my books. she searches occasionally and if one comes up for sale, she buys it. The last one was 10X the original cost.

So no one wants to buy them anyway. we got that out of the way.

Searching is best done by author. book sellers do not care about authors; they care about books on their shelves.

"dot au" is where you go to look for authors. Then you have to get the name correct. I do not write under "Jack Hershey".

I do have another problem, when I work with a team usually we do not list ourselves as authors but as a team name. Occasionally other people name us as teams, as well.

Justice Douglas named one of these teams "The Green Mafia". Our stuff(an invention called the EIS) went through some tests at the Supreme Court.

Have fun.

10. If you really wanted to know about his "books" then you will find here (on ET) a post by somebody who had found Jack's books through a specific search engine for scientific publications. Not via Amazon. They (seem to) exist.

But why would you if you are not interested in environmental issues, water quality, architecture, neuro science, etc.?

#10     Jan 8, 2013