Jack Hershey – MACD and Stochastics helpers for 123 and FTT's

Discussion in 'Journals' started by callmate, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereo70

stereo70

#71     Jan 8, 2008
  2. #72     Jan 8, 2008
  3. Munck

Munck

Todays chart of LPHI:

Yesterday the fast stochastic went below 50, so it looks like it's going for the LTR again.

Spyders equities chartscript also gave a Bruno R short signal yesterday.

I would like to see the MACD histogram turning negative tomorrow

#73     Jan 8, 2008
  4. To anyone who might know:

On page 5 Jack states:

I set the duration of the slow STOCH and the MACD to not bridge the Price /Volume cycle of the fractal. The 13 worked for the standard STOCH and I felt the MACD was bridging at the design default of 26. By using 13 in both, I feel that there is a correlation that is possible between the two.

The parameters for the slow full stochastic are 14,1,3, while those for the MACD are 5,13,6. Am I missing something here or did he decide that 14,1,3 and 13,1,3 were equivalent?

TIA

lj

PS: As best I can ascertain, the "equation" referred to on page 4 is the set of equations for the various types of stochastics.

#74     Jan 8, 2008
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

relax, you work too hard, Jack havn't changed his setting for the last 30y, I don't think he changes his setting just for this journal.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1180663

#75     Jan 8, 2008
  6. Thanks for the info nkhoi. I'm one of those detail freaks but just in the sense that I like to know what's what and not in the sense of trying to find fault or mistakes or whatever. So be it. It's 14,1,3 and on we go. It's totally cool to have him back laying it down one more time. Truly a remarkable man.

Best,

lj

#76     Jan 8, 2008
  7. Bidwatch

Bidwatch

Sorry I could not post this at the time, had trouble logging into ET this morning.

Had a respectable signal from Stochastic this morning. The day was trading in a very orderly fashion for the typical channel and PRV read. The Stoch was a useful companion to the otherwise typical reference points of a Forest Trade.

The slow up channel of the first hour is shown in the attached as a green forest moving through the opening range.

#77     Jan 9, 2008
  8. Munck

Munck

Today's chart of XING.

a nice FBO confirmed by fast stochastic crossing 50 a couple of days ago.

#78     Jan 14, 2008
  9. Don't know if it fits into discussion topic, but has anyone tried to use CCI for spotting FTT's and 1-2-3's?

#79     Jan 15, 2008

10. We are only discussing MACD and Stochastics on this thread. Thank you.:D

#80     Jan 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.