Jack Hershey – MACD and Stochastics helpers for 123 and FTT's

Discussion in 'Journals' started by callmate, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry it's incomplete, it takes a long time to write it up from my messy notes. :cool:

#211     Feb 14, 2008
  2. So we've got fast stoch xover on the 50 line, divergence is looking good, and after a period of time, the lines suddenly turn convergent all over the place.

Is this a signal for change (seems to me), meaning exit the market, and then re-enter later when the trend resumes, based on our other monitoring ?

#212     Feb 14, 2008
  3. Also wondering, on the 50 line xover of the fast stoch, should you wait for the bar to close or not ??

On my platform, it's constantly calculated, and will waffle back and forth sometimes right on the 50. If you wait until bar close, then it might make a big jump, and price has already started to move pretty good, getting you in too late.

This typically is the case where you're sitting right on a trend line. Perhaps it would be a good time for one to sneak a peek at the Ym ???

#213     Feb 14, 2008
  4. i attached an illustrated word document.

#214     Feb 14, 2008
  5. This is a logging moment and you are getting new symbols from your vocabulary for the STOCH's and the MACD when you get that far across the log.

Take a look at the P and V reated entries. See that the annotations you are doing on these are reaching inflection points in a sequence as well. You can note these too.

we have to do analysis and decide and act as well. You will be able to see soon enough if there is an end to the Continue MODE and if so the MODE is switching to Change.

During Change we give a lot of consideration to the way taking profits and staying on the rigt side of the market comes together. I used to use a mirror for this and check for smoke coming out of my ears. Now a days I just think of it as banking into a thermal or skiing cute mogels in the snow.

You can sweep everthing for your log (the log is a guide of sorts) during the formation of ech bars from time to time in the formation.

More in the next response.

#215     Feb 14, 2008
  6. There are only 81 bar closes on the ES and many more on the YM so we do sweeps inbtween to keep busy. We annotate and we log and we execute when we feel like it.

Most people have the flapper feature on their platforms. In the late ))'s it will go away. If you look closely there are five flapper modes. And the more sensitive you are to them the easier it is to carve the turns. We look at the cause of flapping with an amplifier of sorts in the form of several other tools, about seven in number, all of which amplify the flapping so they are like mogels to ski about, over and around.

There are only a few cases when you do not get a turn on a trend line. All of these cases we take care of ahead of time.

So that means we can take care to use the forming bar information to use the appropriate part of the bar with respect to the trend line no matter what level trendline (or LTL) we are using. Sometimes three lines are involved.

There is the away from the trendlines (RTL and LTL that is sepecially importat as well. This is the FTT's that occur on each level of channel. Some are multiple FTT's as we find out. all occur on dominant traverse where there are also stalls, hitches and dips possible.(internal formations).

As you log and as you learn the sequences of the entries in the columns, you will find yourself in a place where you "know" more and more. This is how many data elements of a data set can be seen to confirm a call for action other than HOLD. Most data sets call for holding.

Glance at the word word document I posted for some specifics that apply.

thanks for posting.

#216     Feb 14, 2008
  7. See attached. Nice sequences. Note how rockets can start from the left trend line. Note also the 12:10 FTT / outside bar which was, I guess, the smart money trying to be discreet.

(Don't know how to number the bars in QTracker.)

:)

#217     Feb 15, 2008
  8. I was pleased with S3.

#218     Feb 15, 2008
  9. --------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting PointOne. Are you going to hold until the RTL
    is broken although the F stoch is saying long? Please post up to date chart. :)

Thank you Jack for your very helpful comments above.

#219     Feb 15, 2008
  10. Iceberg.

#220     Feb 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.