Jack dialogues with Hypo re the economy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hypostomus, Aug 22, 2007.

1. All I would like is for someone to PM me everytime a thread of this nature is started. I really enjoy reading them.

Where is Jack and his view on these funky markets?

#11     Aug 22, 2007
  2. Opie, that's why I started this thread. I think Jack is the only guy here older than me, and that he will have an interesting perspective on events. I have lived through many regressions in my long life, but this is the first time I have ever gotten worried. Probably because for a change I have something to lose (no longer racing my pay to the bank to beat clearing checks).

Plus this particular liquidity crunch is taking unexpected twists and turns unlike any other I have experienced. Like who the fuck ever thought to worry how the bank can pay you 5.25% on six-month CDs? Last year the pricks were driving me nuts to take money out of checking and money market and put it in CDs. In essence, we are witnessing the playing out of the law of unintended consequences.

At least now my wife isn't screaming at me that I took her 401K totally out of stocks and into "cash" this spring (a tad too early). Now all I have to worry about is what the fuck "cash" means to her 401K.

I think that Jack and I don't have much to worry about, we both have working younger wives, although mine is older than his, for shame! And my children have promised to pay me to do odd jobs like cleaning the pools of their million dollar "creatively financed" mansions, the little pricks. But I'd still like to know what he thinks about this mess. (Not MY mess, the MARKET's.)

#12     Aug 22, 2007
  3. I've sent Tenzing Norgay out to find him

#13     Aug 22, 2007
  4. Thank you for the invitation to participate. However, as an atheist, I don't believe in Jack Hershey.

#14     Aug 23, 2007
  5. You just don't want to admit that you are old!

#15     Aug 23, 2007
  6. That, too.

#16     Aug 24, 2007