J-trader vs. X-Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by YYNOTT, May 5, 2004.

1. Kap

Kap

all interesting stuff, keep it coming..... any O/S compatibility issues?... I have a new PC with XP home edition, apparently you need XP pro or win 2000 for x trader/TT.. i think?

#11     May 7, 2004
  2. Kingvest

Kingvest

once again, both are based on Java

#12     May 7, 2004
  3. Eccoware claims its autospreader can handle 15+ leg spread systems with no server. Anyone using this? :confused:

#13     May 7, 2004
  4. titan4

titan4

That is true about ecco trader. They do not need an extra server. I don't know if you want to do that nmany legs. I use TransAct Futures. It is the most stable system I have used so far. It's CBOY qoutes have been outstanding. While everyone was having problems trading on Fed day mine was purring like a kitten.

#14     May 7, 2004
  5. titan4

titan4

My spelling was not that good. I meant CBOT. Sorry about that.:D

#15     May 7, 2004
  6. CBOT404

CBOT404

How would you compare Ecco to X-Trader performance wise?

#16     May 7, 2004
  7. cartm

cartm

TT will run on xp home.

#17     May 7, 2004
  8. Ecco says that they are faster because of one less stopping point, i.e. no server.

#18     May 7, 2004
  9. CBOT404

CBOT404

Hmmm... XTrader has always claimed to be the fastest. Has anyone actually used both? I'd like see if there truly is a noticeable difference.

#19     May 7, 2004
  10. I believe NanaTrader is on to something, yet I do not believe you should have to demand the stand alone version from your broker. We will provide either the standalone or the web-based version for anybody that desires it. I am happy to offer, to anybody that desires it, a trial version of the J-Trader standalone, so they can see for themselves.

#20     May 7, 2004