J-TRADER vs. TWS

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by larrybf, May 26, 2002.

1. Craig,

What standalone version do you offer ? You are from Apex ??

I don't have PIG but GNI offers me that so that I clear through them instead of REFCO...

#11     May 28, 2002
  2. Goerge, do you use Jtraders depth of market feature, they say it is like Level II, I wondered if you found it usefull?? I know that craig likes it alot, I wanted a second opinion, thats all.
    LF

#12     May 31, 2002
  3. George

Yes, I am from A***. We offer a stand alone software version of J-Trader. It is a little faster and it works in some computer environments that the Java version will not work in.

Craig

#13     May 31, 2002
    #14     May 31, 2002
  5. flamethrower

You would be using the same feed, but it allows you to switch Price Proxy Port for better Ping, if needed.

Craig

#15     May 31, 2002
  6. Craig, tell me which version number you use for standalone pleasssssssssse.

Yes I like DOME which is a Depth of Market enhanced, there is also the DOM but I don't like it (looks like a classical nasdaq level 2)...

With DOME, you can see if you orders are filled or not and cancel them easily...

I am still slower with TWS and hotkeys...I tried today to scalp NQ with TWS and was not trained enough so it was tough...I guess with more training it would be better...

#16     May 31, 2002
  7. Craig, do you know if the data feed can be connected to stream data into excel? Would this be complex to program?

cheers

#17     May 31, 2002
  8. DOME which is Depth Of Market Executor (as I was told). :)

#18     May 31, 2002
  9. sabena

sabena

I have version 2.8.2.0 D of J-trader.

Is this the latest version ?

If so, what extra feautures you have with this version ?

#19     May 31, 2002
  10. I will begin trading Futures soon (E-mini contracts) and was going to use IB....

How is IB when it comes to futures?

The only negatives i've heard about IB is there quote system is unreliable (at least with equities, just assumed it would be the same with futures) so i'll get a main data provider and use IB as a back-up.

#20     Jun 4, 2002