J-TRADER vs. TWS

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by larrybf, May 26, 2002.

1. Lets put commission costs aside for the moment . Does anyone know which software executes futures emini trades faster?? TWS has hot keys to speed the order execution process.Does j-trader have any unique features to aid speed and ease of order entry??

2. I use both every day.

With JTRADER I use DOME and I unchecked the verification, so I just use my mouse to point a price and a limit is directly put. If I click on this price again , the order is cancelled....

It is really quick...

With TWS I use hotkeys, so I have to type on 2 hotkeys (order and transmit) to be executed. OF course I would like to have special hotkeys (like market order with transmit included) so I can type only on one key and I am in...OR Better than that a hotkey that would say NQ June instrument, sell limit at bid and transmit ALL IN ONE key...

In the mean time I do think my DOME trading is faster than TWS hotkeys because I click once and I am in...TWS is a 2 step process

3. Woody

Woody

How do you uncheck the verification? I have set up some hotkeys in J-Trader, but I still have to verify my orders and would like to eliminate that step.

4. In settings, Trading :

Confirm Mouse Position

Adding : None

That would eliminate the confirmation requested when you want to take a position.

I use JTRADER 2.8.0.4D standalone version and you ???
    (standalone are faster than web based)

5. It seems that most brokers don´t want you to use the faster version. :D

6. Woody

Woody

Thanks GeorgeSoros

I have two separate accounts, one uses 2.8.0.2D and the other uses 2.8.0.6D. I hate to show my computer ignorance, but I don't know if it is standalone or web based. How do I tell the difference?

7. What I call standalone is when you click on your desktop icon and you can login on JTRADER.

What I call webbased is : you need to go on a website and click on a link that will launch your JTRADER.

1st one is faster. I have JTRADER 2.8.0.3D and 2.8.0.4D standalone.

2nd one is slower. I have JTRADER 2.8.0.2D and 2.8.0.6D web based too....

Can you use PIG in DOME with your JTRADER ???

8. Woody

Woody

I have to log in from a website, so I guess I don't have the stand alone version. To my knowledge I don't have PIG in the Dome area. I don't use the dome feature much, so I am not that familiar with it. I enter most of my orders from the hot keys or from the hot quotes window by either clicking on the bid, bid volume, offer, or offer volume.

9. Woody

If you are looking for the software version (stand alone) I can give it to you.

Soros

Do you have PIG?

Craig

10. Woody

Woody

Craig, thanks for the offer, I am happy with what I have for now. If things change, I will contact you.

#10     May 28, 2002