J-Trader $4.80 Round Turn

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MarkHyman, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Mark, sent you a PM. Please reply when you get a chance.

-Fast

#31     Nov 3, 2003
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

Great... lower than IB's 4 euros round-trip. What are the rates for Eurex futures with Strategy Runner platform? Why don't you advertise them on the website?

#32     Nov 3, 2003
  3. Mark:
    I think this offer is a smart move on the part of the broker. There are a lot of folks over at IB who have been waiting for an alternative. If you can make a go of it on the cash flow side, and deliver good service I am sure you will find this brings in a substantial number of traders, not only from IB, but from Tradestation and others as well. I'm not anxious to start filling out all that paper work again, but I'll be considering it as well. Best Regards, Steve46

#33     Nov 3, 2003
  4. m618

m618

Can someone who is familiar with both J-trader and IB's TWS provider a comparison of the two trading platforms?

Also, can someone who is familiar with both Advanced Futures and IB provide a bigger picture comparison of the two firms in terms of services offered?

Thanks.

-- M

#34     Nov 3, 2003
  5. chasmann

chasmann

Has anyone used both the Java and standalone version of J-Trader that would care to comment on any preference between them.

#35     Nov 3, 2003
  6. dpanic

dpanic

I've used both the java and standalone version. I will only use the standalone version. The java version seemed to me to be much slower. I also had some issues with the java version where it would just hang up, after troubleshooting for some time with the broker they finally gave me the standalone version. I've been happy with the standalone version ever since.

#36     Nov 3, 2003
  7. Thanks for the info!
    Most helpful.

:)

#37     Nov 3, 2003
  8. jrs3

jrs3

I cant wait to see how all this turns out.

#38     Nov 4, 2003
  9. Fohat

Fohat

Mark,

Can customers deposit/withdraw funds to and from AF by electornic ACH transfer?

What are the fees for incoming/outgoing wire transfers?

When Eurex US launches on February 1, 2004, I hope AF rates for 'elitetraders' for Eurex US, will stay competitive with those of IB?

Are there surcharges for using order desk to exit positions during a system failiure?

I suppose the standalone J-trader supports SSF trading? How much is the total commissionfor for buying/selling 1 SSF contract with AF?

#39     Nov 4, 2003
  10. RAY

RAY

I would like these answered too.

Thanks.

If the above are positive (and competitive), I am willing.

I wonder what IB's response will be (if any)?

#40     Nov 4, 2003