J-Trader $4.80 Round Turn

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MarkHyman, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Franz

Franz

You have forgotten the Bund margin ...

:p

#11     Nov 3, 2003
  2. Wow...that's a good deal. What about commiss. on DAX and ESTX50?

Thanks.

-Fast

#12     Nov 3, 2003
  3. Ebo

Ebo

Is there a "platform fee" for the J trader on top of the $4.80?

#13     Nov 3, 2003
  4. I think he said No Platform fee. So, IB commissions with a free powerful platform. Sounds like a DEAL to me :cool:

-Fast

#14     Nov 3, 2003
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

#15     Nov 3, 2003
  6. One more question; is there any data fee for quotes from CME or Eurex? If so, what are the data fees and are they waived at a certain volume level; e.g. IB waives the data fee if commiss. is over $30.

Thanks

#16     Nov 3, 2003
  7. virgin

virgin

Mark,

What are the differences between

the webbased and standaolone J-trader

in terms of speed and reliability ?

Virgin.

#17     Nov 3, 2003
  8. Quah

Quah

LOL.

I'm suprised that ANY vendor has the balls to post anything here given the number of responders who either don't read, can't read or don't comprehend what was written.

The guy posts a very simple offer and all of a sudden there is an implied $600/month platform fee. Good grief.

#18     Nov 3, 2003
  9. Ebo

Ebo

That was value added!
    Most of us can only read numbers.

#19     Nov 3, 2003
  10. Good for you. It's about time someone went head-to-head with IB as competition for the retail trader. A few questions:

Would also like to know the all in RT for Eurex contracts? Can you confirm no monthly datafeed fees? (I'm not talking about platform fees which you've already explained will be waived).

A technical question: how many access points does your (clearing) firm have into Eurex and where are they? The reason I ask is because IB have only one link via Zurich which went down recently causing me grief. Other brokers with second or different access points (e.g. Frankfurt) kept going just fine at the exact same time. So I'd like to know the deal with you guys re: Eurex access lines.

And lastly a question on the pats datafeed that comes with J-Trader: I realise it's fast and true streaming tick-by-tick (unlike IB's snapshot) but how reliable is it? How many times a day might one expect to see the 'feed disconnected' message in the message window? Truthfully now :)

#20     Nov 3, 2003