J.Podhoretz: Republicans did not just lose, they were slaughtered

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dddooo, Nov 24, 2006.

1. LOL, liberal reps like Konrad Burns, Mike DeWine, Rick Santorum, George Allen, conservative dems like Sherrod Brown, Sheldon Whitehouse, Claire McCaskill, Amy Klobuchar....Or even more "conservative" democrats like Webb and Tester who are still against the war in Iraq and free trade... Get Real!

#11     Nov 24, 2006
  2. I just repeat what I heard on the liberal media's commentary on election eve and it does appear that liberals are becoming less common. One day, the only place that you will see a liberal is in a museum.

Actually, I don't care that much about it, but it sounds like you need someone to convert. I was once a liberal democrat, but I doubt I will return.

#12     Nov 24, 2006
  3. I see...

#13     Nov 24, 2006
  4. Are you saying that I shouldn't listen to the liberal media? You know, I've always been suspicious of them.

However, some conservative thugs passing themselves off as liberal may have weaseled their way on for more airtime on election eve. I wonder if they got fired?

Cool, looks like the liberal democrats a doomed:

November 15. 2006 4:47PM

Conservative Democrats seek larger role in new Congress

By JIM ABRAMS
    Associated Press Writer

For a dozen years, the Democratic conservatives known as Blue Dogs have been baying at the moon, ignored by Republicans and tolerated by their more liberal Democratic colleagues. Now, these House lawmakers say that is about to change.

Republicans "did not lose their seats to liberal Democrats" in last week's elections, said Rep. Mike Ross, D-Ark. "Republicans lost their seats to Blue Dog Democrats."

http://www.dailycomet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061115/APN/611152299

#14     Nov 24, 2006
  5. No, what I am saying is that you should stop listening to talking heads and other assholes and use your own head. Sherrod Brown, Sheldon Whitehouse, Claire McCaskill, Amy Klobuchar and many other elected democrats are not blue dog democrats by any stretch of imagination. While many elected democrats are not in favor of gay marriages and several of them are pro-life, their economic views and their views on the war in Iraq are not conservative by any stretch of imagination, in fact they are far more progressive than John Kerry's and Hillary Clinton's positions. Indiana and North Carolina did elect several blue dog democrats but these are very conservative states and they defeated not liberal/centrist republicans but uber-conservative rightwingers.

Just like in any other election americans voted for democrats of all stripes - liberal, centrist and in some cases conservative. Americans did not vote for republicans of any stripes though, not a single liberal/centrist or conservative democrat lost his seat. That's a mandate, man.... A huge one.

#15     Nov 24, 2006
  6. "A huge mandate."

Basically a 1 vote margin in the Senate with the balance of power belonging to an Independent. Lieberman will definitely keep a check on the mandate of the nutroots. Looks like he is ramping up to run as an Independent for Pres. in 08. What happens if he takes those Independents and Conserv. dims that went dim this time? He has also not ruled out switching parties. What if Harry Reid has legal problems and Nev. has a Rep. Governor.

After the study on the giving habits of libs (or lack thereof) and conservs I thought it would be months before libs would lecture anyone on morality. Since personal giving is a moral issue. After all some people make one time mistakes and others live a lifestyle of hypocracy.

#16     Nov 24, 2006
  7. Lieberman will definitely keep a check on the mandate of the nutroots.
    Sen. Reid Backs Lieberman for Homeland Security Chairmanship and there can be no doubt that Lieberman can only get the chairmanship in return for a promise to vote the party line.

Looks like he is ramping up to run as an Independent for Pres. in 08. What happens if he takes those Independents and Conserv. dims that went dim this time?
    Good for him, in Connecticut 70% of republicans voted for him while only 25-30% of the democrats did.

He has also not ruled out switching parties.
    Hahahaha. Instead of getting one of the most prestigious and powerful chairmanships in the senate Lieberman will choose to become a complete nobody in the republican party. Wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn?

What if Harry Reid has legal problems and Nev. has a Rep. Governor.
    What makes you think that republicans, especially those who are up for re-elections in 2008 will tow the party line especially on important issues like the war in iraq, minimum wage, stem cell research, trade agreements etc on which republicans are out of sync with the country?

PS. the angry right is so desperate that Lieberman is their best hope. ROTFLOL

#17     Nov 24, 2006
  8. I'll make a prediction today

If the Democrats can make sure that all the e-voting systems are mandated to save a clear and certifiable copy of each vote cast, the Republicans will never win again in any state except for a few of the slave holding confederate states in the south.

Voters have found out what and who republicans are. Immoral, hypocritical, corrupt, racist, xenophobic, illiterate and fascist party that is bad for america.

#18     Nov 24, 2006

9. I'm already on record stating this is the biggest bull shit propaganda put out by Karl Rove. This along with the other Bull shit that Exit polls "mis-count" Republican voters.

The Republican base voted with close to a 100% turnout. The bigot base would vote for Satan as long as Satan posed Republican.

Republicans lost because they lost the Hispanic vote, and that's NEVER coming back, EVER. Good riddance! :D

#19     Nov 24, 2006
  10. ________________________________________________

You really need to stick to the big issues like getting someone else to pay for your healthcare just like you want someone else to do your charity.

Forget Iran nuclear buildup, Russia selling them missiles and technology, and Islamo fascism. These are just too miniscule to let your self interests get in the way.

Liberman is not our best hope but he does hold the dim majority. What makes you think if he switched he wouldn't get the chairmanship of whatever committee he wanted or maybe a Cabinet post leaving the rep gov to name his replacement. I don't think these will happen but MANDATE?

#20     Nov 25, 2006