J.P Morgan to buy the bear for $ 2 bucks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bat1, Mar 16, 2008.

1. bat1

bat1

how does $2 bucks sound?

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...A7811-7850-4C55-9AE9-931FD150399F}&siteid=bnb

J.P. Morgan Chase to buy Bear Stearns for $2 a share
    By Anne Stanley
    Last update: 7:16 p.m. EDT March 16, 2008
    Print RSS Disable Live Quotes
    SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- J.P. Morgan Chase (JPM:

36.54, -1.57, -
    4.1%) has agreed to buy Bear Stearns [s:bsc] for $2 a share in a stock-swap deal, according to a report in the online edition of the Wall Street Journal citing people familiar with the matter. J.P. Morgan will exchange 0.05473 shares of its common stock per one share of Bear Stearns stock. Both boards have approved the transaction. The Journal reported people familiar with the discussions said all sides were pushing hard to complete an agreement before financial markets in Asia open for Monday trading. The Journal report quotes Treasury Deptartment spokeswoman Michele Davis as saying, "None of these things is done until they're done. But I think everyone's expectation is sometime in the early evening hopefully" the deal will be done.

2. teun

teun

Thanks for starting the 100st topic on BSC!

3. S2007S

S2007S

anyone think someone else will step in and offer $4.00 a share.

Maybe GS can buy them out...

:D

4. I do not put much stock in what Cramer says, but I did agree with him on Friday when he said the common stock holders of BSC were screwed, I did not realize how quickly that would become apparent.