J-chart

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Reitberg, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice tie in to your website. That...just happens to be about trading!! Imagine that!!!

Are you going to become an advertiser, or do we just fly with the best thng to happen since sliced bread that you are so gracious to have found and are going to promote through YOUR WEBSITE?

#31     Apr 21, 2004
  2. Boomer

Boomer

how long have you been using j-charts? you said it took you some time to get it figured out. what kink of time scale are you talking about? i am looking forward to this thread...

#32     Apr 21, 2004
  3. I am no longer going to write to this thread. It was nice chatting with all of you. I am sorry, but this getting too time consuming. I need to concentrate on my own trading. Thanks for your replies and inputs.

#33     Apr 21, 2004
  4. newtoet

newtoet

What happened?

#34     Apr 21, 2004
  5. They

They

Reitberg
    Hi Steve, it's not MP.

J-Chart is more useful because you can combine different amounts of periods. For instance, I can look at 45 days of data and seperate the data into 5 segments of 9 days. Now I have longer term balance points to look at. It is my understanding that MP does not let you do that.

Also, MP does not let you create forecasts based on Balance points. Furtermore, J-Chart DOES NOT create a normal distribution curve for each period. It uses price and volume, which will sometimes give a similar result, but not always.

I can explain more tomorrow..It is really late and I must be off to bed.

Market Profiling (Time & Price) and Volume Profiling (Volume & Price) do allow for multi-day overlays the way that J-Charts do. One can certainly draw trendlines from the highs of multi-day profiles to the POC (BP) and then draw another trendline to form a triangle that predicts where price may go. J-Charts simply automates this process.

There is certainly no need for Mr. Chen to call his software "Market Profile" when it is Volume Profile based and besides why would he want to pay the CBOT royalty fees anyway.

However, If it looks like Market/Volume Profile, walks like Market/Volume Profile, talks like Market/Profile then it must be Market/Volume Profile. :)

The J-Chart software automates an interesting and innovative way of using the information derived from Volume Profiling.

If someone is just getting in to trading or has exhausted static indicators, I am sure they would benefit from at least understanding the principle behind J-Chart let alone giving it a try.

They

#35     Apr 21, 2004
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

so you saying it is bell curve distribution, if you id the max point of the curve and 1 extreme end then you can project the other extreme end?

#36     Apr 21, 2004
  7. They

They

nkhoi,

It sure looks that way.

The J-Chart software seems to always measure from the top of the distribution to the POC (BP) and then project downwards. (I am not sure if the software allows you do create custom multi-day overlays or if you are forced to use presets)

Seems that you could create your own distributions and see if the price predictions are the same as J-Charts.

I hope that Reitberg changes his mind and continues to post. It is nice that someone has automated any type of Volume Profiling

It always seems that after having a losing day trading we like to flame every new post vs actually discussing the merits of a different way of veiwing the market

#37     Apr 21, 2004
  8. Hey Folks:
    Interersting isn't it, that just as we are starting to get to a point of understanding, suddenly the information tap is shut off? Apparently Reitberg had the time to post all the previous information but now it is taking too much time! This is hilarious.

#38     Apr 21, 2004
  9. Seems Reitberg (like so many others) wanted to do a little guerrila promotion without paying for it. Really gets to be quite a chore finding something of value under all the bull. I guess you just have to bring your shovel with you when you check into the ET posts.

They: As I mentioned before, I believe the Jcharts program is just MarketProfile in a different dress. I don't know enough about MarketProfile to make an intelligent comment, but I am interested in the idea of price moving to "fill in" the distribution. From my work in statistics I know that regardless of the initial form of the distribution, at some point it will start to look like a normal or lognormal shape. As to whether you can accurately extend or project price action forward using this method, I am interested but do not have an opinion. Best To All, Steve46

#39     Apr 21, 2004
  10. I'm doing my chart posting for free so that I can show people how a new tool can help them. I have no intentions of making money off of my analysis that I post to my site. That's all.

But I really do not have much more time in the day to be looking at elitetrader.com. There is just not enough time in the day, so I've decided that I will not be posting anymore about J-Chart to elitetrader.com. I realised this last night when I was posting until 1AM in the morning. I just can not do this with my busy work schedule.

#40     Apr 21, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.