IWM - The next nut to crack

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Gabe2004, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hello o_t

In Ninja an up arrow is long or close of a short and a down arrow is a short or close of a long but this has to be looked at in conjunction of the triangles.
    A right pointing triangle is entry and left pointing triangle is exit or close of a trade.

I over traded so there would be too many text notes but I will try and do that.

Gabe

#11     Aug 31, 2011
  2. Meaning I will stop trading very soon as I lost so much money that I am close to the account level at which I have to stop trading live until something changes.

#12     Aug 31, 2011
  3. Did not trade live for a while.
    Too bad I was not around for the dive.

#13     Oct 3, 2011
  4. 1 min. chart of the above.

#14     Oct 3, 2011
  5. i recognize those trades. they're 'hope' trades. " I hope it goes higher'

I don't do that as much as i used to but more frequently than i like.

2nd trade definitely buying into res in a narrow range. gotta wait for b/o then see if it holds. yep, you'll miss some trades but that's the way it goes.

3rd trade worked 'cause after small pullback it reversed back up. the shorts on that little drop started covering which gave it enough push to move higher.

compare what traders are thinking on the 2nd and 3rd trade and it may help you.

anyway, i'm not doing terrific myself and i just finished a martini so take it FWIW.

GL

#15     Oct 3, 2011
  6. Any constructive comment is wellcome.
    Trueth to be told is that I was not sure in which time-frame to take the trade in.
    Normally I use the 3min but due to popular demand I am trying to look at the 5min and the 1min.

Which timeframe do you base your comments on?

#16     Oct 3, 2011
  7. i was mostly looking at your 1 minute chart. Which more clearly shows the trading range of trade 2 and the little pullback of trade 3.

find a timeframe that you're comfortable with. It takes a little experimenting. Honestly i don't know how people trade off 5 minute charts but it's very popular. some day i may try. i do look at 5 throughout day but don't trade off them 1 and 3 minute mostly. again find what works for you.

dinner time.

hasta manana

#17     Oct 3, 2011