I've signed up with Al Brook's Price Action course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TimtheEnchanter, Jul 26, 2020.

1. volpri

volpri

And he still hasn’t woken up. Lol

#51     Jul 26, 2020
  2. savoir

savoir

I was expecting someone to bring up the Turtles but no one took the bait.

But here’s what I think is really funny. You say you’ve known Al Brooks for years and traded with him, implying you two are friends, and yet you say you don’t know and don’t care if he is even profitable. Now that is funny to me in an odd sort of way.

The reason I think that is, before residential high-speed internet became available, I traded in an office with other traders. In the small group I was in, we all knew how the others in the group were doing. We didn’t need to see each other’s financials. It was just natural to be interested in knowing each other’s performance and also quite natural to share it within our group. Maybe I am reading too much into your stated relationship with Al and you were just name dropping.

In any case, I don’t know Al Brooks from Mel Brooks, so I don’t know what his claims are and I won’t comment about his products. For all I know, he could be a great trader and philanthropist or he could be a degenerate who needs the income and playing the Ken Calhoun game of peek-a-boo behind disclaimers. What I do see is that he is selling videos and personal access to all comers for $349. The way you and a few others are endorsing him, that’s quite a bargain.

#52     Jul 26, 2020
  3. savoir

savoir

Yeah, I can concur with that. LOL

#53     Jul 26, 2020
  4. easymon1

easymon1

"To be a successful trader you need to write your own book." Laissez Faire

love it.
    and the shorter the better. lol
    cut to the chase.
    thanks for that

bart blackboard not cut corner.jpg

delete ssio.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    #54     Jul 26, 2020
  5. Thor

Thor

It is, I've been there both as student and coach.
    In any sport where skill is involved, the greats found a way to master it.
    Assuming all other important factors to be the same, the student WILL 100% attain the same level of skill as the coach.
    I attained the same level of skill as my coach, and many years later, during my short stint as a coach, I coached 3 youngsters.
    All 3 were able to rise to my level of skill, and rank in the National top 4.

The same in trading. I struggled for 10 yrs.....my job was paying for my trades.
    Then I learned a method in a seminar. The guy who taught it claimed that he used to sell shoes on the sidewalk for a living, before he found the method which changed his life.

Even a moron can learn it in 10 minutes, in this last few months I've shown it to about 10 friends/family who lost their jobs/business in the lockdown. They aren't millionaires yet, but they make enuf from it to live happily.
    If the student can't reach the level of the coach, then the method is BS.

#55     Jul 26, 2020
  6. padutrader

padutrader

i made myself

#56     Jul 27, 2020
    SimpleMeLike and Axon like this.
  7. themickey

themickey

You know what the principals of Al's book is about?
    It's about attempting to predict the next price move by reviewing past price moves.
    Such old school thinking, and I'll make a bet, I bet Al Brooks does not these days trade the methods he teaches in his books. (IF he trades at all).
    But guess what? He's not gonna say that. If mugs want to buy his book, Al is content to keep printing them.
    LMFAO.
    bigman.jpg
    AL, well fed from book royalties from mugs who think trading is about predicting via past price moves. LMAO.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    #57     Jul 27, 2020
  8. The claim was that it didn't matter if the coach was profitable or not. That was the claim I disagreed with.

If it doesn't matter if a coach is profitable or not - then everyone could start coaching.

There's plenty of educators and writers on ET who's not themselves profitable, yet insist on mentoring others from a place of authority. In the end they're really doing the student a disservice and leading him down the wrong road.

I'm sure some value can be found in Al Brooks, but I bet some time could be saved by simply reading the first book and getting the general gist of it and then start back-checking his set-ups/claims and see if there's anything to it. This is particularly important as no trader can be successful trading on the knowledge of others without having verified it and tested it himself. Especially since markets change and Al Brooks have specialized in one given market. What works in ES might not work as well in another market, although the general principles may be the same.

I maintain the view that those who know something of value generally hold their cards close to their chest while those who got excited reading a book about price action just can't shut their mouth trying to teach everyone.

#58     Jul 27, 2020
    luckyfnlou, yc47ib and themickey like this.
  9. Grantx

Grantx

Funny af and true. Breathed out through my nostrils rather hard after reading that.

To be fair though, we all do it in the early stages. it's less about educating others and more a means of expressing to the world our newly acquired knowledge. When you go through enough of these cycles you realise they are false summits and simply take them in your stride. They stop being 'aha' moments and simply get absorbed into the never ending stream of information.

#59     Jul 27, 2020
  10. speedo

speedo

We traded in a small private internet group, not in person and yes in my opinion it is a bargain. As in all things commercial caveat emptor.

#60     Jul 27, 2020