I've signed up with Al Brook's Price Action course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TimtheEnchanter, Jul 26, 2020.

1. speedo

speedo

If I have a criticism of Al's work, it's that he tries to cover too many bases. He provides methodologies to trade every possible twitch of a market. While there are those who can do it all, It's ill advised for most and can be suicidal for a beginner. A trader needs to pick and choose which are best suited for him or her. A beginner should stick to trend trades as they offer the highest probability with good risk/reward. Al's work has benefited my own trading considerably but I have my own trade plan which differs from his. What you will learn and benefit from is understanding the nature of price development and what price is telling you at any given time. Absorb that and you will have learned what most haven't or ever will.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    #11     Jul 26, 2020
    yc47ib, Bugsy and toon like this.
  2. I don't think it's possible to trade every twitch in the market, therefore, I think Brooks is suspect. I think an earlier assessment of mine is fairly on point:
    Also, the man is a vendor and claims to be a successful trader. If he is indeed as successful as he claims, then why has he not provided any reasonable evidence of this claimed success? Reminds me of Trump and his tax returns. ("Oh, I'd love to, but...")

#12     Jul 26, 2020
    lindq likes this.
  3. CharlesS

CharlesS

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    #13     Jul 26, 2020
    yc47ib likes this.
  4. speedo

speedo

I've know Al for years and used to trade with him and I believe he is a profitable trader but it doesn't matter either way. You don't have to be a profitable trader to teach concepts and ways to trade successfully. There are far more critics on ET than those willing and able to do the work it takes to succeed. Al's work is valuable, if you disagree than ignore it but if you think you are doing a service to others by your criticism...you are just wrong.

#14     Jul 26, 2020
  5. Hooti

Hooti

A lot of people start with his material and come up with a simplified version that matches there own circumstances and personality.
    I read all his books. I learned more from his videos.
    Does he still have a trading room? I sat in that for awhile.
    ...everything helped. You are on a valid path.
    At the same time,
    like Speedo says above,
    I use a modified version of his material. And greatly simplified.

#15     Jul 26, 2020
    Bugsy, SimpleMeLike, Onra and 3 others like this.
  6. Al Brook's video course is required for my trainees. It provides a solid foundation for understanding price action and it does an excellent job of culling out my hiring mistakes. If a trainee does not understand or see the value in the material quickly, or if he gives me even one complaint about the material, that person is not worth my time nor investment and is immediately dismissed.

I am not recruiting.

#16     Jul 26, 2020
  7. I know. You mentioned so previously.
    I know. But he said he is. Is is so outlandish to ask for verification from a vendor you don't personally know?
    Maybe. I've been wrong before often enough. But not always.

#17     Jul 26, 2020
  8. :D

#18     Jul 26, 2020
    themickey and Laissez Faire like this.
  9. If you’re not yourself successful you’re not likely to make other people successful teaching your own concepts which didn’t craft your own success.

I don’t think the parallell with coaches and athletes is applicable in trading.

I’m not saying there’s not value in what Al teaches, but I seriously doubt he’s crushing it.

To be a successful trader you need to write your own book.

#19     Jul 26, 2020
    yc47ib likes this.
  10. You should hire Al.

#20     Jul 26, 2020