i've lost 400k the last 2 months i'm quitting

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by hedgeking, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Food stamps are only good for 5 years then you dont get them anymore. Subsidized housing is a joke. There is a waiting list to get on the waiting list. Expect a 2 to 4 year wait to get subsidized housing, because the funding is just not there. Medicaid is awesome though...they pay for everything! No co-pay, free drugs, you get hospitalized, its all taken care of. But are you the type that gets sick alot? If not, then you are really not getting any benifit from medicaid. And if you are in california, they call it medi-cal and they dont pay for everything. You actually will have to pay full price for certain things even with a prescription. So here is your future.....

option 1 You will eat well for the next 5 years but have no place to live. Then you will have a place to live, but have no food. And when you start getting sick from lack of nutrition, your medical bills will be paid, but you will feel like shit all the time.

Or you can go with option 2. Get a job, bitch about taxes, save some money, and maybe next time you trade, dont use margin.

Remember this though....you didnt lose 400k. Its just recirculating until you get it back. If you didnt use margin the first time, you would only be down about 80k and still have 320k and you know the stock would eventually come back and make you money.

Anyway...good luck with whatever your choices....they are half chance...just like everbody elses. (from a baz lurman song)

#111     Jul 1, 2006
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Stick with the PBR. At least give me a royalty off your misery......

#112     Jul 1, 2006
  3. Tums

Tums

do you know the difference between "position" and "capital" ?

You are the one who is out of your F'n mind.

#113     Jul 1, 2006
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Come on, man, you said you blew 400K in 6 weeks or so. NOBODY can be that STUPID or UNSUCCESSFUL. It is NOT that easy to whipe out an account in such a short time using well established stocks without margin. But you said you used margin, for no good reason.Well see below...

My bet is that you didn't lie, but exaggerated. You probably blew 4K or 40K max., but felt the need to add 1 or 2 zeros, to make it more manly. You could prove me wrong by posting your account statement, but I don't think you will.

The thing that gave you away is the use of margin. There was simply no reason to use margin on a 400K account, but it is quite understandable if you used it with a much smaller account.

So if you want credibility you can start by coming clean and telling us how much you REALLY blew. Then you can also start to reread the posts in this thread, because you already got the answers. Now you just have to follow them.

And yes, think about it, it was still only money. You could have got cancer, or find your wife with the postman in bed. (well, this still can happen, if you don't stop drinking)

So cheer up, get a job, forget about trading for a while, get into gamblers anonymus and report back on your progress.

Oh yes, and have a nice weekend, it is wonderful and sunny out there, there are more things to life than trading and money!!!

#114     Jul 1, 2006
  5. I do you big favor. Give me 400k and we will call it massive defeat. In exchange I will share with you zen like wisdom rivaled only by Mr Miagi. This will be your great break through!

#115     Jul 1, 2006
  6. patoo

patoo

This..is NOT how I reacted when I tried to scuttle my trading account: very quiet and in dark room with the door locked.

I smell a liar or someone way outta control that needs <a target="_blank" href="http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/hal1193.htm">Haldol.</a> PBR is not strong enough.

#116     Jul 1, 2006
  7. Hey, if you wanna feel a lot better. Go take a look at this guy, Nick Leeson... he lost 827MM pounds... your 400k wouldnt even pay for his commisions...

http://www.riskglossary.com/link/barings_debacle.htm

I know his story is real... because 1. He went to jail because of it. & 2. Barrings bank did go broke.

enjoy.

#117     Jul 1, 2006
  8. Get your money back...buy CDE...stock is moving up and with commodities scarce, will most likely atleast double from here.

Disclosure: I am long recently at $4.21 and $4.77.

Good luck.

#118     Jul 1, 2006
  9. Why do you think this stock is such a good buy? It really needs to close above 5.05, otherwise I would consider selling the position around 5. What is the catalyst that will move it higher?

#119     Jul 1, 2006
  10. A truly remarkable fall from grace story. If he can make a comeback, anyone can.

http://www.nickleeson.com/

Pimp, out.
    :p

#120     Jul 1, 2006