I've got a splitting headache...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 14, 2003.

1. or, advanced medical procedures among the Muslims

[​IMG]

Shiite Muslim men cut their heads with swords during the annual ritual to mark Ashoura Day in the southern Lebanese town of Nabatiyeh, on Thursday March 13, 2003. Hundreds of Shiites in south Lebanon marked the 7th century killing of their most revered saint Imam Hussein, by slashing their heads with blades on the occasion known as Ashoura. Al Hussein was a grandson of Islam's Prophet Mohammed and is a symbol of martydrom for Shiite Muslims. (AP Photo/Mohammed Zaatari)

2. brilliant...

HIV & hepatitis for EVERYBODY!!!

3. OptionalGOD, do you approve of this kind of behavior?

4. 777,

HA. While it is laughable, what's even more funny is that it's coming from a religious man like you. What's the difference between what those people are doing and you going to church, drinking some wine and pretending it's the blood of Christ? What does the thing the Pope is holding in this picture do?

[​IMG]

As a religious person, you are no one to mock someone else's absurd religion. It's only logical for us nonreligious ones to do it. :)

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Oh, how gross!!!! Just as bad as those idiots who hang themselves by piercings.....yucky poo poo!!!!!!

6. sorry, cutting your head open with a sword and drinking some wine are not the same thing, You need to get a little perspective.

7. On the contrary there are common (dumb) elements that run thru both. These two practices are more alike than they are different.

8. I lived in Tehran for a couple of years when I was a little kid, and one of the enduring memories I have is watching from our balcony as a wailing group of one hundred men or so marched down our street flaying themselves with whips during this religious anniversary. The blood flowed in streams down their backs and pooled in the street.

At first I was horrified, but when I learned what the spectacle's root cause was (something I urge you all to do - I don't feel the need to cut and paste it here - research it yourselves) my horror was very much alleviated.

Besides, I think it is in Brazil every year that a volunteer is crucified, replete with stakes through his hands and feet, to commemorate Jesus' execution. If you condemn Islam via Ashoura, you must then condemn Christianity as well.

Again, it is not religion that is harmful, but the militarization and politicization of it.

9. Your wise words, insights and visual dogmas are very intriguing...

You used the numbers 13, 2003, and 7. Adding the following number is 2023. 2+0+2+3 = 7. GOD has spoken.

Optional777 Bless

WDGann